 Database / Scans / 161
Re: Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:04:19 GMT

"Overview and Definitions
lugnet.com (“LUGNET”) is a privately owned Internet site designed and
run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with,
discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and exchanging
information about LEGO® brand toys."

This is from the very beginning of the page
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement

You already said that you know "what lego officially means" but since
I'm not sure what you mean by "officially" I want it to be clear. "L" of
Lugnet stands for LEGO(R) brand, and since your interpretation of this
letter will not make any difference, anything based on your
interpretation will be automatically born dead.

Actually I really don't care the plural use of Lego (i.e. legos) and I'm
using it everyday in my own language (i.e. legolar) but I always think
that anything is not "lego" is not lego, and anything that are not
"legos" are not legos..:-)

Selçuk

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.loc.au, Selçuk Göre writes:
No reasons?..:-) What do you think that this "L" of Lugnet stands
for?..:-)

Well, if there isn't support for a clones database that's fine.  But I still
think that the L stands for "legos" in the generic plastic brick meaning --
at least for most people that see it.  Most are not purists, especially from
the outside.  Even some of us on the inside of Lugnet don't care much about
this difference.  That's how it was on RTL, from what I saw of it.

I know what the L stands for officially.

-- Richard