 Database / Scans / 151
Re: Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:35:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Even if Todd was being unreasonable (which he's not), that's fine, its his site!

I have a real problem with Lugnet being considered Todd and Suzanne's
exclusive sandbox -- in reality, it is and it isn't depending on what part
we are examining.  People contribute time, money, content, scans, etc. It
strikes me as a community effort in MANY ways.  It's a little too heavy in
attitude to just assert that we cannot support clones brands in some way in
the database and to provide no reasons for this posture.

Maybe I would feel differently if I knew the costs, or other efforts
involved.  From where I am sitting, Todd has all the structure, programming,
bandwidth, etc.  It looks like the costs come down to space on a server hard
drive somewhere and the scanned contributions that would comprise the content.

I don't want to hammer Todd, but perhaps something more than a terse
one-liner is required here by way of response.

So watch it, Baldy!

=)

-- Richard (also baldly going)