 Database / Scans / 150
Re: Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:06:50 GMT

Hey, I think Todd was being overly polite there (see: Are we being to nice?).

What he <b>could</b> have said is:

"**** off, this is LUGNET.  This is our site.  We will host what we want to
host.  You want register MegaBlocksUG or TycoUG .com? Go ahead, man.  This is
LUGNET. End of story.  And a big Kurt-Cobain middel finger to the fans to you,
too."

Anyway, I think it would have been funnier if he sadi that instead of putting
it politely. ;)

Contrary to the culture of entitlement popular in the US (you know, I'm owed
stuff just 'cause I'm here, ne'er-do-wells protesting 'I have rights' etc) I
don't think people have rights or even enforceable interests in the content
on Lugnet.  It's Todd's (and Suzanne's I guess, haven't quite wrapped my
head around all that).  He can pretty much do whatever he wants, and that's
entirely cool.  We either find it interesting and log on, or not and sod off.