 Castle / 2900 (+100)
  Re: Thoughts on using yellow for a castle...

(...) I agree. Excellent job, Eric. The slopes indicate strong foundations... (...) <grin> If I had bunches of tan (which I don't) I'd keep them. At least you can get grey in service packs if you need to. Not tan... (...) Cool, can't wait! (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Thanks for the kind words. Following tradition I would have to bow back before you. As to your question, as a matter of fact there is an interior to the castle which I confess is currently empty space but with a few supporting columns. One of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

Very nice! Love the design! In fairness to the sub-theme, there *is* another terrific Ninja MOC site, with a large enclosed Ninja stronghold. To my consternation, I cannot find it in my links -- if anyone knows the site I'm talking about, please (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Finally another Ninja theme MOC.....I have been working on mine for a year....I am ver impressed....lol I am a fan of the Osaka castle I saw in a travel magazine ....I would love to know of any historical links that have pictures of the castle (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

Snip (...) HaHa HA- Pitiful mortals-You think numbers and stinky Fish will Save you Beware The wraith of the lone ravi and clan Shadow wolf....and THE BRINJAL OF DEATH.... actualy i'm killing time waiting for my O'level results to come back and i'm (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) That would be Michael Hopkins' Ninja Superfortress. (URL) castle I'm working on right now is more along the lines of an English-style castle with Ninja elements than a truly authentic Japanese castle, but I'm learning what the samurai castle (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody? (again)

(...) Stuff happens. Stuff like tests and work and... well, you get the idea. (...) February break?!? In my day, there were no breaks, and we had to cut down trees to make our own pencils and we made our own LEGO bricks, too.(1) Eric "the" Lind (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

Yesterday I had a neat experiance with my in-laws who were over for the afternoon. First a little background. My in-laws are well aware of my LEGO addiction and I have always felt a bit uncomfortable around them because I got the definite fealing (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody? (again)

(...) As far as I know, this is a Massachusetts phenomenon only (though it may include other New England states). Instead of the more usual March or Easter spring break most places have, Massachusetts has always had two spring breaks, one (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Eric Kingsley (<FqnD6C.3qI@lugnet.com>) wrote at 15:47:00 (...) (snipped excellent story) Thanks for sharing this, Eric. It's really great to hear stories like this. It kind of encourages one to just get on with it, and build (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody? (again)

(...) Sorry, I've been busy, what with WAMALUG being at GATS over the weekend. I was too tired to check Lugnet in the evenings. :( I'm back now, though. Jeff (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) Highly agreed-- as a kid I built models, then played with them acting out stories, etc.... now I mainly just build and display. But people still think of it as playing... Notice that nobody has a second thought about adults who build models (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Pics from the weekend!

Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle display at The Construction Site ( (URL) )... Here's my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later): (URL) the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) chickens? I can't tell... more pictures! :) I love the buildings, and i envy your tan plates :) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) And even if other folks do frown upon it, you can always point them to the thousands of us that make up the LUGNET/RTL AFOL community. Back in 1986 when I "came out of the LEGO closet", it was a different matter. I percieved myself to be (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) yet. I am hoping tonight works out. After looking at this again I like it even better. This is just incredibly cool in that it takes on the feel of a real medieval village just like I am shooting for with my stuff. We need to add some more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) city out of BURPS? (ha ha - more work;) What other additions will be made to this before it's ready to be displayed? Your landscape for Mindfest was very nice, but I doubt it's as necessary for this. Once again - this is only serving as a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

(...) Perhaps... But nothing can stop the Militant Order of Wiffle! Armed with our Wiffle Bats of Destruction, We shall sweep across the face of the earth, annihilating all that stand before us! Mwahahahahahahahahah...hahaha!!!! (...) I do that a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Actually yes :-). That was one of the things we talked about. The hardest thing about this will be making sections that match up between two people that may or may not get together to work on their sections. Unlike the Wall which is easy to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

When I used to work at LEGO Imagination Center and I need to explain the interlocking process, I would encourage the kids to "cover the lines." This was easier than explaining the concept from a finished product standpoint and made an easy rule they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Here's (...) Yep, chickens they are! They're kinda tough to see... I don't think we took pictures of the chickens up close-- we mostly focused on the town's streets :( I can't wait to see what we've got when this display goes up-- it has (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Here's (...) :) I know you guys got a bunch more "eye level" shots than I did-- can't wait to see some of these... (...) Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it-- I have a feeling I'm going to love the final result! (...) I like the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) built, (...) way you've got it, with the walled town idea will work better than trying to capture the feel of a castle (and still having enough room for other things!). James (URL) I'm going to shamelessly steal that portcullis mechanism. :) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Very nice, Kung-Khoon! Your castle reminds me quite a bit of Odowara castle. See my pictures of the real structure at: (URL) Makes we want to start working on my Japanese Castles again. It's been a while since I've done any building on them. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody? (again)

(...) Yeah, I know... but how come it happened to everyone at the same time? (...) Well, ya see, we get two weeks for x-mas, then an x-tra week in Feb. (X-cept for x-ternal reasons, x marks the spot. :) -Shiri (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) I'm sorry to have missed the gathering. Your pictures look fantastic! Don't forget, Crispin said we can drape cloth over glass cubes to achieve levels of various heights. I might have some ratty burlap around here -- looks a bit like earth. I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

Hi Eric, I'm glad your family appreciates your hobbies at last. On the same note, my sister (22) is visiting me know from Israel. She is NL too, and although she knows I'm all into lego, she was surprised to see how my collection grew in the past 6 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes: (please note, followups changed to .off-topic.debate!) (...) Wow, I didn't think the US was that bad...what makes Israel so much better? J (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: One thing I will say for eBay...

(D'oh! Forgot to correct the newsgroup!) (...) a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) I agree, they look great. LMK when the real thing is put up, I don't want to miss it! Although I can't officially attend NELUG, I hope you won't mind if I just happen to drop by TCS while you're there and check it out... :-) (...) That would (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) That is quite all right I am trying to attend to most meetings I can and build as much as I can because in another 6 to 7 months my LEGO time is going to diminish greatly (another cleverly disguised hint). I will have more pictures up tonight (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) (I'll be 18 on Saturday) Most of the people I know who know about my LEGO obsession don't make a big deal about it, but then again, they already think I'm strange (I'm not a US citizen, and I don't have a TV. Actually, most people find it (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Woo! Congrats! I hope everything goes perfectly for all of you. (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) As for links I found the best way to get to the links is go to the search engine (URL) then search for "japanese castles" And pay attention to the links which end in .jp. Those are the best. Lots of pics from pro and amateur photographers from (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  More TCS Dry Run Pictures

Hey all, Just thought you might want to see some more pictures from the NELUG Castle display Dry run. Dave Eaton posted the first pics and there is a link on this page. There is also a pic where you can kind of make out the chickens (Somebody asked (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) Well -- I'm 18 and open about my Lego addiction. And yes, I think about all of the above mentioned topics as well :) I get a mixed response, some think its weird, some think its kinda cool I'm so involved in an international community like (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

Gary Istok wrote: <snip> (...) Actually it's still a little bit different for me. All of the parents, relatives and in-laws amaze when they see nice official models and MOCs but they still think Lego is a toy, and I'm just a strange 29 years old (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) I tell people its modelmaking without the glue or paint. Allan J Smith -- My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More TCS Dry Run Pictures

(...) <snip> If it's war, then it looks like Evil Timmy will be the first to die. Isn't that him, standing right between the two armies, wielding an ax? :) Thanks, Elliot Hyde (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More TCS Dry Run Pictures

(...) Yup that's him. Just our little bit of sillyness in this setup. It seems to be becoming a bit of tradition for us to add something silly or odd to our setups. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations at: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More TCS Dry Run Pictures

(...) ... yet the grand piano is nowhere to be seen. Tsk tsk;) -- pn (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) I hope I didn't offend any 18 year olds with this, it was just a generalization. When I was 18 LEGO wasn't even on my mind. I didn't start into it again until my 20's. I'm 46 now, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! Gary (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) I've known since I was about 12 what I wanted to be when I grew up; a Lego piece and set desinger. I've been working on getting that position continuously for the past 25 years. I'm still working on it. Rich-- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Lego direct for castle ...

If Lego direct were to introduce any pieces you may want for castle, which would you most like to see? For me personally, after seeing all of the recent models, I think I would go with the following: 1) Arches - all sizes and colors - preference (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) I assume that these are the Arch windows that you can also get now in Gray in 6094 - Guarded Treasury. (URL) so these would be #2 on my list after your #1. Otherwise I like the rest of your list. (...) Oh I hope your kidding ;-) (...) Thats (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) Heh... Here's my list then. If I don't otherwise specify, assume I'm talking grey & dark grey, followed by all the other colors. :) 1) Bricks. all sizes, but mostly 2x4 2) Plates. all sizes 3) Tiles. 2x2 and 1x1, then the other sizes. 4) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) 1:(silly me, forgot to footnote) As seen in 6067 Guarded Inn as the front door, or 6080 as the prison door, or any number of other classic sets. Recently seen in black here: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

[x-post and FUT lugnet.general] (...) It's interesting. When writing about the historical way TLC has ignored AFOLs, people tend to make two rants: 1. There aren't enough AFOLs to make a financial impact on TLC. 2. TLC won't offer direct parts (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

I think BURPS would work well. I think they would work well for train clubs (raised bases, mountains, tunnels), castle groups (ditto), and town folks (again mountains and tunnels). I hope these are indeed among the pieces available for ordering. I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) My list is similar: 1) grey and dark grey bricks (mostly 1xn, but also 2xn) (also some tan and brown) 2) grey and dark grey plates (also some tan, brown, and black) 3) arches of all sorts in grey and dark grey (also some yellow, red, blue, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) This question seems to be key. What kind of Lego elements will generate the most long-term demand, in terms of the number of elements consumed? I don't think new parts, parts in odd colors (such as pink), or rare parts that you need a hundred (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) No offense taken. What you said is (at least partially) true, but 18 year olds can still enjoy LEGO :) (I don't find inspiration or time to build as much as I'd like to, though...) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  My 'ups and downs' lego week

I've had some truly tiring and confusing ten days. It was full of ups and downs, especially ups but some serious lego downs. I just feel like sharing my experiences, so if you really don't care, don't let that bother you, and don't read on :). Last (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: My 'ups and downs' lego week

(...) Silly me. I forgot to mention that mixed in with all the misc. pieces was a partially complete Majisto's Magical Workshop set. I was happy to see it, it is one of my favorite sets (that I own, that is) and it brought back happy memories... The (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My 'ups and downs' lego week

Not to make your ups and downs seem like nothing, though right now I'd give away every single piece of my Lego to not have to put my 20 year old cat down this week... some things you can live without much easier than others :( (...) I'm glad to hear (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

(...) Ok i forgot most of you are americans-i mean Aburgine(sorry 'bout my americanish) Which makes a bigger mess- a purle skinned veggie or a hollow plastic bat..... Huh isn't this waay off topic??? (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

(...) Actually, I think 'aubergine' is British for 'eggplant'... J (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

(...) Well, if you think something is off-topic you can direct it somewhere else. You can do this by cross-posting to the group you want (simply add the group's name to the 'newsgroups' area if you're using web interface) and then write the group's (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My 'ups and downs' lego week

(...) I'm sorry to hear about that. I wish there was anything I could do - but there isn't, I guess. (...) help, (...) Thanks! (...) I hope you do. I feel very attached to Scar, for starters creating her inspired me out of a builder's block (so to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] new pix - Lich

I've posted a new image, that of a Lich (an Undead Sorceror), at "(URL) let me know what you think. Also, Pawel, please consider this as a submission/contribution to CastleWorld. Thanks, Franklin Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com | (URL) | (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] new pix - Lich

(...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] new pix - Lich

Hi Franklin, The link you supplied didn't work but I found the Lich at this link: (URL) looks cool! -Shiri (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] new pix - Lich

(...) Hi, Shiri, (...) I know, I caught that almost immediately, and posted a reply ("(URL) the corrected URL ("(URL) but I found the Lich at this link: (...) Thanks! :-) Franklin (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] new pix - Lich

(...) Hi, Shiri, (...) I know, I caught that almost immediately, and posted a reply ("(URL) the corrected URL ("(URL) but I found the Lich at this link: (...) Thanks! :-) Franklin (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] new pix - Lich

(...) *THAT'S* *IT* !!! If my keyboard doesn't stop making typos *right* *now*, I'm going home! Franklin (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Hi everyone, I have a question about mutual stories and ballads. Maybe Pawel and Craig should answer this but I don't mind opening this to discussion (things are slow here anyway...) and I know they're busy... Well, if two people make a mutual story (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody?!

(...) BRINJAL OF (...) My error great wordsmith aunfortunately i am more familiar with eggplant and assumed it was a british term as singapore was one of their colonies ravi (...) YB73m (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Yo! (...) Yep. BUT ... I think the "Realm Getting" will not be based soley on ballads. I think it's going to be based on need as well as a committee of individuals which will decide which Realms go where and when. I think this will be the best (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Hey, man, how'ya doin'? :) (...) I think that's good and reasonable, in fact I suggested that long ago (too lazy to search) because of the same point you mentioned - not everyone likes storytelling (tho' I do!). (...) Hmm... a committee sounds (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My 'ups and downs' lego week

Glad to hear you got Scar back (in a manner of speaking)! This is off-topic and irrelevant, Shiri, but since you lived in Israel, I'm wondering if you speak Hebrew. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Great? ... ;) (...) Heck ya ... Iike a good mix of this and that. I think that most things are correlated. The more you build, the easier it is to tell stories about it. The more stories you tell, the more inspired you are to build. "It's a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Jumping in-- (...) Just to put in a bit of specifics here-- the eventual idea is that members will log on to submit ballads (not sure of formats yet)... Whichever member submits the ballad provides the names of other members who contributed to the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

In lugnet.starwars, Brad Hamilton writes: <snip> (...) These are a bit too juniorized for my tastes. I love the Mini-figs though and the siege weapons are pretty good. Actually I like the Bulls stuff better than the King LEO models although I like (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I really wish we could set what the rules are down on a web page somewhere, so we could all look them over and comment, and be able to plan our realm(s) within a predictable context. Dave's post contradicts earlier posts from Pawel and/or Craig (for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

Has anyone noticed that in the picture of King Leo's castle there appears to be a large image of the lion crest behind the castle? It almost looks like a sail. I know it isn't, but what really bothers me is that TLG seems to be attempting to hide (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

(...) That's what it is a big lion's head sail. I think it is supposed to be a tapestry hanging behind the throne. Other then that it is a bunch of air. But what you see in the picture of a lion's head cloth piece is actually part of the set. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Well... the problem with that being that I don't think the rules are very clearly defined to begin with-- hence the need for discussion :) (...) I certainly don't see it as very limiting-- also, I imagine that when someone comes in, they've (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

(...) Which is very cool. My castle fleet will at sometime grow beyond a small fleet of 6057s... This sail is a little small for a small pirate hull, but not ridiculously so. It might look a little better on a ship made up of the 10 wide boat hull (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

(...) <snip> Can someone post a scan of the tapestry? Thanks, Elliot "That's two Ls one T" Hyde (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

In lugnet.castle, Elliot Hyde writes:> (...) "Eh-Lee-Oht, Eh-Lee-Oht", ok, where are my resses's pieces? -John Rudy (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Sure, but we haven't posted a public summary of what the current ideas are. I don't expect it to be graven in stone, but I do want to see what the latest consensus is. (...) I like this idea of specifying, when you submit a creation, whether (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Well, speaking as someone who makes castle stuff, writes castle stories about his stuff, and gives his minifigs personality, I have to confess I've become kind of apathetic about Castle World. No offense to anyone intended, it's just happened. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

In lugnet.castle, James Brown wrote a post with a lot of good stuff. Thanks, James, for putting into words what has been a lurking feeling in my mind as well. I think we're having a collective problem, in trying to tie together everyone's creations (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My personal FOTW

People, shoot me if I've missed something, but... In my hand I'm holding a deck of playing cards. I hear you all thinking "yeah... so??". Well... it's a pack of LEGO playing cards. Fright Knights theme. I just bought them a few hours ago. There was (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  More CW issues (Was: Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer)

(...) Actually, I can't agree enough. I've tried to follow what's been "current" concensus, but for the most part, it's been tough, especially with all the little nits that people bring up in non-related threads every once in a while... not to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My personal FOTW

(...) They sell them at LEGO outlets, stores, theme parks, etc. They also come in Adventurers form. (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) And just to 'third' the motion, I have to say in general, I agree. I think the original idea was great, but when it got down to the nitty gritty details, problems arose. And furthermore, it really needs to be designed differently. How? Well.. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I have got a good start on whole huge region for castle world. It contains 3 surface kingdoms that I will be writing about and one subterrainian kingdom for the arachnis. I would actually like to recruit nieghbors for the edges of my map and regions (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW)

(...) What country? I've never seen them in the U.S. -- did you find them in the U.S.? (...) IIRC, they came out in 1997(?). . . but only a very limited release, AFAIK. IIRC, Ardjan Besse of Belgium once had some scans up on his webpage. (I bought (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games)

  Re: Page 7 of Spring S@H catalog

(...) Here you go, the tapestry from 6091: (URL) for good measure, while I had the camera out, I also took a picture of the much-maligned portcullis arch that people have been discussing in this thread: (URL)Thanks, You're welcome. (...) Mike Steele (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) This is an interesting compromise. If something is completely original and new, it has less impact on the existing site, and needs less rules to make it fit in. I like this approach a lot, because it helps the cooperation and courtesy goals, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Warrior Rabbits and Queen Cleo's vehicle (was Re: 5824 - the inside story)

(...) Wow! I expanded my vocabulary today. I built one of these things two days ago and didn't know what it was called. Today, I'm reading old messages from a month ago that I missed, and I find this posting. What an odd coincidence. LUGNET isn't (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I now have the graphics up at the previously mentioned web site. I have noticed a few typos in the descriptions. I will fix those later. Also, I hope my imaginary names for places don't mean anything offensive in any foreign languages. Timbo (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Warrior Rabbits and Queen Cleo's vehicle (was Re: 5824 - the inside story)

I remember when yellow Classic Space guys first came out, my mom and I were at the store and she saw them first and handed me a box. I said "But these guys are *naked* Mom!" and put them back. *smirk* -Cheese In lugnet.belville, Jeff Johnston (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Warrior Rabbits and Queen Cleo's vehicle (was Re: 5824 - the inside story)

(...) (URL) ) I can't afford to spare many soldiers for my palanquin, I don't have enough soldiers as it is... I like your Oriental palanquin and will be expecting the castle teased in the bkgnd ;) -Shiri (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW)

(...) I've seen them in US - the Lego Imagination Center had a couple of Adventurer packs. -Shiri (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games)

  Re: My personal FOTW

"Arjan Brugman" <abrugman@casema.net> wrote in message news:FqtHHJ.o3@lugnet.com... (...) "yeah... (...) bought (...) Lego (...) these (...) I saw the same ones when I visited the LEGO Outlet in Georgia. They were near the coffee mugs, key chains, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW)

(...) These would have to be one of the most funkiest non-LEGO LEGO products around. I've been drooling over these (not literally as I don't have any, besides which , if I did then they would get soggy), since I first saw them on Ardjan Besse's site (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact