 Castle / 20000 (+100)
  Re: The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! (A CCC building)

(...) Well, like someone else suggested, just change the flames to green--I understand that magical flames burn cleaner and won't leave such a smoky residue. (...) Uh, not that I would know, but if you buy a vial of crack on the street I doubt it (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! (A CCC building)

(...) Oh that is so sweet. I really like the design and the smoke. Truly a classic. I just hope you got your mother out of there before it went up in smoke. (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Good news for me!

Hey everybody, Well, at long last I'm off on a pilgrimmage to 'Mecca' (no not 'Mecha') Um, that would be Legoland. Gunzburg, that is. Of all places. My wife has been hired to do a couple of days work in Geneva, so we decided to go see a few sights (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: classic castle

This has been fixed. Turns out it was a hardware problem. I've been upgraded to a new server. Troy "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:Hz0FG0.r5E@lugnet.com... (...) getting (...) errors. (...) I am (...) site or (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! (A CCC building)

(...) She did, although it was close; she was laughing so hard after seeing you naked that she almost didn't make it. Derek (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Creators abroad, a [medieval] Jade Empire awaits its formation...

Dear Builders & Buyers of Castle, I have decided that I want to help expand the number of medieval factions in the world of LEGO and-at the same time-help to rid you of your horrid bright green knights (Rascus minifigures). But alas, these figures (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Creators abroad, a [medieval] Jade Empire awaits its formation...

(...) I do believe a medieval Jade Empire would just be called "China". ;-) (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Minifig Torso and Shield Designs and Stickers - APPENDIX 1

Early this morning I published a new article for those people interested in Minifig torso and sticker designs. It's filled with designs inspired by the new Knight's Kingdom 2 product line as well as some images found on the LEGO.com website. Feel (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

In lugnet.announce.moc, Kung-Khoon Quah wrote: <SNIP> (...) <SNIP> Thanks for sharing! I like the colour scheme you've used and I wonder if you've thuoght of using Tan as well? The arched doorway leading down to the tombes is very nice. And your (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! (A CCC building)

(...) Great MOC Derek! Love the smoke, and the Minifig. I think I'll have to borrow that look for the smoke. Add a few trans 2x2 and then you can do a smoke message in an Indian village... :) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Torso and Shield Designs and Stickers - APPENDIX 1

Hey Anthony, Great sticker designs, as always! I especially like the forest unicorns. Thanks, Josh Wedin (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcing the MOCC

Oh, and please remember to fill out the MOC card forms on the BrikFest website! (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase

(...) This sounds cool, but uh... where exactly in Ohio is this? There's no area code for the number, and no address. I might stop by, if I knew where it was. ~Kevin Blocksidge (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase

(...) Kevin, Starbase is located at 5541 Westerville Rd. Westerville, OH 43081. You can mapquest it to get directions or call the store at 614-895-7827. Ask for me if you go. Bill Connick (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the MOCC

(...) Hi Magnus, Would you consider relaxing the height limit a bit, to allow for some style variation (say, a cliffside fortification and (URL) narrow multi-story or ruined structures>), by allowing castles in the competition to be up to 1.5 or 2 (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

Hi all, I've updated my catalog of brick-built-beasts with more creations. Again, please e-mail me (bnh at chem dot ucla dot edu) with any additions or corrections. Bruce (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Brick Built Beasts volume 2 - fantastic beasts

Hi all, I've made a second volume of my Brick-Built-bestiary, this one devoted to fantastic beasts--giant scorpions, centaurs, mermen, stone golems, and the big daddy of them all, dragons. There are also dinosaurs and sci-fi creatures that would be (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Announcing the MOCC

Craig, (...) Thanks for showing interest in the competition! You mean like say building a castle which is 24 by 32 pegs, but twice as high as it is long? So 64 pegs in height, whatever that translates to in brick? I'm definitely open to the idea, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Custom Banners

Hi, Awhile ago there was a website that had large custom banners for the old factions Black Falcons and Crusader Lions. I'd like to find the images again so I can print some out and make the banners. Anyone know if they're still online? Thanks, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Banners

Hi, (URL) look at the bottom of the page: - Triangular Shields and Stickers by Anthony Sava - Ovoid Shields and Stickers by Anthony Sava - Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers by Anthony Sava - Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers Volume 2 by Anthony (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Banners

"Patrick McLane" <x2002tws@stfx.ca> wrote in message news:HzDsEL.1B2z@lugnet.com... (...) again so (...) online? (...) you are looking for (URL) James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! (A CCC building)

(...) Thanks Todd--even though I still would rather have only smiley faces and no printed ones, that particular face is pretty awesome. (...) Smoke signals--cool! That would give a neat touch to a pow-wow... Derek (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Custom Banners

(...) Banners - right ! wow - very nice :) Kai (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Updated rules for the MOCC

Hello all, In view of the request that the size and height limits for the MOCC be relaxed somewhat, I have decided to change the rules to make for a more flexible building challenge. First though, Craig, that pic you had a link to basically looked (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  "May the Transforce be with you."

In an ancient time, in a distant realm… "Use the Transforce, Sir Luke!" Even though it goes against the natural order of things, and to do so could cause the very LEGO universe to explode and completely blink out of existence, I thought it might be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Custom Banners

(...) Glad you like the banners I produced... I have a few news ones coming soon... and some more torso designs as well... in the process of moving house.. so once I get organised i will post them. Kev...: ) www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase

(URL) You plan to keep the original box? :-) With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 2 - fantastic beasts

Hi Bruce! Great article. This link compilation is excellent. I have gotten some cool ideas now that I have to try. Thanks, Josh (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Now this I could use. Anything that can help me get a more accurate number to give to the insurance company is good :) Only problem is going to be converting from USD to AUD :) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) (snip) (...) Good luck, Gary! I can't wait to get one (And I'm sure you meant "Bricklink";-) JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) (snip) Wow, Gary. Just wow wowowowowow. I've been wondering "Where's Gary been?" and now I know. What a wonderful piece of news! I'm very, very interested. Are you going to .pdf the text, so that the interminable bibliophiles among us can (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Your project sound very interesting, but I would much rather have a printed version! (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Medieval Buildings

I finally managed to get some shots of the first batch of buildings that will start my medieval town. After moderation, they can be found here: (URL) Deep links: (URL) Increase the number in the file by 1 to see the next picture (41 pics, so up to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

In lugnet.announce, Gerhard R. Istok wrote: --snip-- (...) -snip- (...) Wow Gary, sounds very interesting. Almost like a "must have" for AFOL's :-) Great work! I'll be looking for the announcement of where to order the CD. Mark "must have!" de Kock (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Medieval Buildings

(...) The colors are sometimes very daring, I realy like the green roof of the first house, It could resemble green glazed rooftiles. I wonder what the strory is behind the house with the trans-coloured upper floor? My suggestions: In my humble (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) First of all, great idea. I hope this works out for you! You are doing the hobby a whole lot of good here! I do want to suggest though that you reconsider your above statement. There are some lines that came out after 1994 that are very (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Hey, this sounds very interesting. As a Mac (not MAC) user, I am a bit curious about the format. Will it be a PDF? That would make the book available to people using any operating system. Also, what sort of price are you estimating? If the CD (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Congrats Gary! Following up on Lindsay's question, if you do decide to make a .pdf available, within about 10 minutes you could have a book available on cafepress.com. Just upload the .pdf and cover graphics (JPGs) and you'll rake in free (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Medieval Buildings

(...) Very nice! Keep that up and you are going to have to start planning the street layout for a city! On some of them, I can see how you used 1x1 rounds for corners, but in some places it looks like the darker rectangular verticals are set in from (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Well thanks for the encouragement folks! The main reason that I came out with this information early was that I could get feedback from AFOLs. One possibility would be to give you folks an option, by coming out with both a book and a CD. Also (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Sounds like a surefire winner. Am already excited to see it. Danny (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Could you please say something in your reference about collector value being different in other parts of the world compaired to North Amerika? We would hate to see prices here being off as a result of what you are going to state in your "standard (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

That sounds like an awesome project and I would be interested in purchasing one when made available. I'm always looking in toy catalogs for old lego toys and their worth but haven't had any luck. I'm sure that much of the LUGNET community (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) <Snip> Gary, Outstanding! I've been dreaming of a book like this and can't wait to get a read. I got my first LEGO sets in the early 1960's and they didn't survive my younger siblings' abuse, alas, they are no more. So it will be great to see (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  i decided to

keep my lego write my storyies then ilistrate them when i move out of my home so 3 more years boys just 3 more and i'm back till then i'll secretly slip to walmart and buy new castle hp adventures and such ever year and hide them in my basement (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i decided to

(...) Can you please learn to spell and properly compose a message? It looks to me like you're not even trying. -Tim (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i decided to

Daniel, (...) I'm glad you've not been reduced to selling your lego to pay for college.It sounded like you have quite a big lego collection, which you could get a fair amount of money for if you sold it. However the kind of money you need to go to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i decided to

(...) This sounds like an interesting project Daniel, please keep us informed on your progress. (...) Tim, did you get out on the wrong side of bed this morning, or something? I mean I like good grammar & spelling as much as the next guy (probably (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i decided to

(...) I've simply noticed this as a pattern for Daniel over years of time. The last time he posted, others pointed out this very behavior before with no responses from him: (URL) might be wrong, but it looks to me that he doesn't care enough to make (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: i decided to

(...) Well I doubt he'll respond to direct suggestion either, so why make the newsgroup seem less friendly by posting it? ROSCO FUT: .o-t.debate (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

It sounds like a work of scholarship that is long awaited in English. Having translated some texts from foreign languages I surely appreciate not having to jump through hoops to make any sense. Can't Wait! Any thoughts on a companion to the above (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Grammer

I am writing this message to practice good grammar. So here goes nothing. In three years I will begin illustrating my 3 book series. It is being written right now. Also Mr. Hall nice job on that tower ;). Another thing, Sava when will you update the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Grammer

(...) GREAT improvement, Dan! :-) Thanks for taking the time to post a message like this. I have a lot more respect for you now that I see a demonstrated effort on your part. I hope you'll find that more take you seriously when you take care to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary Istok wrote: <announce impending CD snipped> Gary - I am very much looking forward to this CD/book, and thanks in advance for compending your knowledge of the hobby for the benefit of all. As an AFOL, the prospect of a new work of knowledge (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary, This is great news. However since you're asking for feedback I hope you can take this into consideration. I would strongly prefer a printed version. In fact, I just discovered the printed 1974-2004 Playmobil collectors catalogue, and promptly (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

"Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HzJ6u0.1nG7@lugnet.com... (...) released (...) about 80% (...) most (...) Sounds cool. Could folks please reduce the crossposting though? I'm not sure discussion of this book needs to be in (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Viking Boats

Hi, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just thought i would contribute two viking looking boats I've made =) Folder: (URL) Deep links: (3 URLs) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

The Little Armory Toys, Inc. is doin' some wicked-great work: (URL) there's some nifty new black armor...which is great an' all... But the stuff i read so long-ago about is finally, appearently arriving. Check the bottom images for what looks like a (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Viking Boats

Hey, cool! I especially like how you have done the dragon heads! I don't know if you have ever rowed a boat before, but it is usual to sit backwards when rowing, in order to make best use of one's armpower. So unless these ships are going backward, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Has anyone seen what Jeffs been up to!

On 17:17 06/21/2004, Richard Noeckel wrote (...) I have always been a purist. But the quality of LA's stuff is just great and my resolve has been eroding :-) Seeing all the new weapons and the possibility of a more poseable fig... I may just have to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Boats

(...) Hey, thats a good point, they are sitting backwards=(. Thanks for the pointer! (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Grammer

(...) Thanx mate for the comment on my latest project.... it will feature in my new chapter too... now I am back in Australia with my lego....: ) I am actually getting a book published soon too.... but not on lego.... its a facts book on (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  The Elves of the Sylvan Moon

I've gone out and created a whole new faction, the Elves of the Sylvan Moon. I must say I'm very proud of them. Feel free to check them out at the link below: (URL) I state in the article, credit for the original dress that I edited goes to Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Thanks for your feedback Eric. The problem with printing a book is that once it is printed, that is the final result. With a CD, I have a friend who is a computer wizzard (owns his own company) and plans on putting this together as a CD (even (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Elves of the Sylvan Moon

(...) Thats awesome, i really like them. What color torso would you put them on? ...if only we could customize faces... (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) !Good point... Probably 'cause .castle keeps whip-beating them like the little astro-punks they are! The Spacers just need someone to turn on...jus' give 'em time, they'll eventually put a blaster to each other soon enough. ;) ~Lovin' the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Demon Maw Collection

Hello all, I've gone and made my own LEGO faction which consists of Orcs and Goblins, feel free to check them out. (URL) me know what you think.... Regards, --Joey (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Demon Maw Collection

very cool Joey. A touch of the warhammers about it. I like very much... well done (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  3CS at BrickFest at Washington DC

The Classic-Castle City Standard (3CS) at BrickFest at Washington, DC. Everyone loves the (URL) 3CS> Town, and already we are having a number of builders bringing many different items, both Houses and Wall Pieces, for it. To make it easier to tell (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  CCC Pub

I tend to make CCC houses/shops kind of small. I'm pretty stingy with my pieces I guess. Here is a small Pub. Not the safest place to drink, but it gets the job done. Folder: (URL) Links: Good thing they took the keys to this guys cart: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Elves of the Sylvan Moon

(...) Nice alot of work you put there and the results are great as always. I like the your Octagonal shields printing much better of course then the original ones (well it's hard to do them any worse...). Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Demon Maw Collection

(...) Great Work. I really like the Skull necklace you add fr most of the torsos. Alas, sometimes I wish I wasn't such a purist... Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Very nice - definitely not rusty at all! :) Certainly does feel like you're in the Middle East just from looking at its architecture. I rather liked the way you managed to come up with a hookah. If you're going to Brickfest, you should show (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) couches, the arches. My only suggestion would be to add a few more stalls and shops to make a really packed bazaar. Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Jon, I absolutely totally love thi! So colorful, so detailed so different! If anything is missing, it seems to me they could use a few building on the inside. Where do they live when they aren't lazing around on those big comfy pillows? Overall (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Who made this?

Hi all, I just found this on brickshelf: (URL) the looks of it, I'd say it's inspired (loosely) in the courtyard of the Great Mosque, in Cordoba (Spain). But I'd really love to know more about this creation! Is the author [Obi-Juan-Kenibi] known (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.es)

  Re: Who made this?

(...) Hi Pedro, You need to read the "recent post history" more often! (URL) It's Jon Furman's. He announced it about five hours ago. LFB (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.es)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Magnus, Cool to hear from you, thanks for the compliments. I didn't make many interior buildings because of a tan and white shortage of bricks, that's why I decided on building an Oasis instead of a Fortress or palace, The people come there (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Looks great! Love the added detail with the hookah's. Not to mention all the other little detailing on the inside. :) Very cool. :) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Jon, (...) That seems to make sense. Thanks for the historical info also. What period would this be from? Before, during or after the Crusades? Can you elaborate on what you said about the gates, are the gates on one side of the oasis for entering, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Hi Jon, Great MOC! I wasn't aware of your brickshelf ID, so I once I saw the pictures I immediately asked who had made it... it's just awesome! The courtyard reminds me of Cordoba's Grat Mosque, in Spain, and also a bit from a Mosque in (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who made this?

(...) Yup, I just noticed it. Thanks for the heads up, though. Thing is, the confirmation e-mail took a while to reach me, and I then took a while to answer. I'm afraid I didn't check new posts in the meanwhile, sorry. I've noticed some of my (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Very nice, Jon! It takes me back to my days in Algeria, Morocco, and southern Spain. And this would be WAY back -- 1977 and 1978, to be exact. I owned exactly four Lego sets at the time. You went a little overboard with the water pipes. :^) (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Pedro, I really don't know how a horseshoe arch could be made, if someone made one, I think I would probably pass out, although I'd admit that I haven't tried that hard to make one. Thanks for your compliments, I appreciate your feedback. Jon (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Thanks John, You are right abut the water pipes, in actuality, if it were a strict Islamic society, They wouldn't be smoking or drinking at all. However, when you are working in stereotypes (like most Lego playsets) you often make (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Well, you are presenting an Islamic Outpost (a small one), probably in the middle of nowhere North Africa. Historically speaking, the use of marijuana was pioneered by the Muslims because of the Quranic rule against drinking alcohol (pot being (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Magnus, I'd put the time period as pre crusade, post Islamic conquest, pre Islamic Schism, although a lot of the architecture is most likely mid crusade (warfare has a nasty habit of pushing technology forward). There are two Gates and two (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Rise of Atlantis

I've created more stickers, real shocking news, huh? :) Here they are, the Atlanteans: (URL) me know what you think. --Anthony (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Rise of Atlantis

(...) BEAUTIFUL work as always. I've GOTTA get me a good color printer to do these justice, I guess. I think I like the elven ones a bit better but the use of the nautilus motif is very attractive. Your ability to crank these out at such a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Jon, (...) Well the "race" issue rarely comes up for castle theme builders, but I suppose if you are dealing with Middle Eastern castles, theme of crusades, slavery and the like make for a far more ethnically diverse minifig demographic than a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

Hi Jon. Welcome back! It's been too long since we've got a new Obi-Juan MOC. I especially like the details above this gate: (URL) the way you used technic beams to get the patterns in this tower: (URL) your varied torsos--Adventurers' mummy, Ninja (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Jon, Welcome back, and what a re-entrance. This is great, a wonderful use of tan and turbans and scimitars. Thanks, George (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) As Lenny Hoffman pointed out, it depends somewhat on the time period, modern societies being somewhat more interested and capable of policing such behavior than older societies. Still, when I was living in Algeria, fellow expats were offered (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) <SNIP> Hi Jon, there have been several posts now regarding your newest creation. Just wanted to add my appreciation to all the others. I like very much the Middle East mood you grabbed with this MOC. And there are a lot of nice details which I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rise of Atlantis

(...) I think those are some of the coolest ones you have created yet. Of course being more of a space builder I think some parts of those designs (the Atlantean symbols) would look really cool on an alien torso. Of course then again I like to go (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Sheik's Oasis

(...) Very nice! But boy - talk about the mind playing tricks on you! I thought your subject line said "SHREK's Oasis." lol I was expecting to see Donkey being annoying as usual. Bob (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Horseshoe arch (was Re: Sheik's Oasis)

In lugnet.castle, Pedro Silva wrote: <SNIP> (...) Hi Pedro, having read your message I did some building. Please read (URL) tell me if this is something you had in mind. Thanks and best regards Daan Bargerbos (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rise of Atlantis

(...) My first reaction was to head over to Peeron to see if I had any blue 2x2x2 slopes and if not, what sets I need to buy. Robobots. Your art work keeps amazing me. Doug (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Buildign a horseshoe arch

In lugnet.announce.moc, Daan Bargerbos wrote: "horseshoe arch" (...) I like your arch. I tried playing around with this a bit and came up with these two (please forgive my poor L-Draw skills): (URL) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Buildign a horseshoe arch

Ooh, that is really cool. I like the printed tiles back there. (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact