 Castle / 20034
Re: Medieval Buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:10:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Janssen wrote:
I finally managed to get some shots of the first batch of buildings that will
start my medieval town...

The colors are sometimes very daring, I realy like the green roof of the first
house, It could resemble green glazed rooftiles. I wonder what the strory is
behind the house with the trans-coloured upper floor? My suggestions:

In my humble opinion, you should swap eiter the wall colours or the roof colours
of these two houses:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/MedievalHouses/dsc01545.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/MedievalHouses/dsc01556.jpg
There is too much of the same colour in these two houses, I think the black
timber beams with white fill would look better combined with the grey roof, and
brown timber beams with yellow fill and gray lower floor would combine better
with the black roof.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/MedievalHouses/dsc01564.jpg
Try to taper this massive looking chimney about halfway up.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/MedievalHouses/dsc01559.jpg
This would work much better with a blue roof.

Try to get hold of more round 1x1 bricks, so you can put rows of smoke-canal
pots on top of the chimney instead of a single one.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.