 Castle / 13338
  Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

Hi all! here are pics of my first castle MOC. cut and paste this to your browser window cuz i havent figured out how to do links on here yet. (URL) way, i cant claim full MOCship as my desighn incorperates D. Siskinds Blacksmith shop. It has a great (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

To see pics of my castle just got to brickshelf-its on there somewhere!!!! Please make the effort of finding it-I really want feedback so i know wether I should continue w/ castle! It cant be THAT bad for a fourteen year old, can it???...??? wb (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) n (...) For those of you looking for the link, here is the link to Will's castle: (URL) work Will. William Lister (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to piece that URL together so that it would work... But I found it on Brickshelf: (URL)Any way, i cant claim full MOCship as my desighn incorperates D. Siskinds (...) Ok, I have to admit I expected (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) Looks very nice! Great start to a thriving kingdom! :) Keep up the good work! Jeff (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) Will, Nice castle, it's nice to see something in that size. I'm mentally making one of a similar size, perhaps when my kids are older I'll have time to put bricks together. Thanks! George (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) Wow! That's really nice. Were did you get all those bricks? Bricklink? Ebay? Parents? I wish I had all those bricks... John Kruer (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

Hey Will, Of course you should continue with castles! This one is great! My favorite details include the way you made the tower to the left of the gate octagonal. That texture looks nice. Also the way everything opens up for access to the interior (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

John, acctually, thats the accumulation of my money from the last six-seven monthes. My parents dont approve of legos, so i had to save my own money. (i work at the library shelving books!)It took about 1200 bricks from LSAH Will (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

Dave- I would have made the gate house bigger, but found my piece supply exhausted. (as well as my monetary one) Its on my to-do list :-)Its amaizing how asimple thimg like stairs evaded my mind, thanks for pointing it out. I wanted to make it so (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) --Shakes head-- I never understand it when people say this. How could parents not approve of Legos? I could see thinking they're expensive and so you don't buy your kid every set that comes along. Or wanting your kid to get outside and get (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) Yes and no :( In the case of my parents, they were afraid I was wierd or something. I think they just wanted assurance that I'd be a "normal kid", and not have some sort of emotional problems. So in that regard, perhaps they WOULD rather their (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) I don't have much to add more than a comment from my own experience. In the case of my parents, they viewed anything that got me away from video games and TV as a good thing. However, in recent years, especially now that I am graduated from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) ~Oh, undeniably... Just look at how well Larry P. and Scott A. turned out! <mocking/> ;) -R (please forgive me) =P (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

My parents border on the edge of 'at least your not playing video games and watching TV' to 'your acting half insane building and buying all these Lego pieces.' It makes for an interesting mix. I don't get much reaction from (other)kids, but the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes: [lots of snipping here.] I would have to say that my parents despise Legos entirely (for reasons directly unknown to me). I guess since I started collecting during '97, they at first thought (oh ,sure. It's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

(...) ........LOL!!! Sounds like my mother.... I'm in Anthony Sava's position...post college situation. My mom always gives me the "what for" looks when I am seen bringing in another box of lego...or when another arrives.... (I finally decided to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

(...) Back in 11th grade, I snuck Lego out from the attic and secretly played with it in my room. Not much of it, but enough to have some fun with. I hid it from my friends & family so nobody would know... One day, my mom came into my room, rather (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people)

  Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

(...) I am in the same position as you both, Looking for a job so I can get more lego! (...) Got this one the other day when a box showed up, My mom at least somewhat understands, though she doesn't always like it. I just keep telling her I could be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Parents and Lego

(...) Oh my gawd! You are sooo kewl… I've been known to have uttered that self-same statement!!! (I've said: “give me a break mom, would you rather me be like all those collage punks who drop their paychecks every night at a bar?”) (...) Exactly! (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

Will, Great castle! Your great hall has a very similar shape to the one on my own castle, I've found this a very useful design, offering plenty of space for a great hall, and also lots of space for individual rooms. Nice detail on that lance you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)

The only way I found to solve this problem was to make my mother (and the rest of my family) accomplices! Of course, I am 36 now, so my mother no longer goes through my drawers - also because she lives on another continent! But here is a good story. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!

(...) Thanks, Magnus!! Those lances where origionally devloped by Anthoney Sava, exept he used a light saber handle instead of the 1 by 1 cone. I decided I wanted somthin' a little shorter, and, as I had just got the troll attack, made that lance. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)