 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 4370 (-100)
  LDraw.org's position on the copyright of rendered images

The LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) has been questioned about LDraw.org's policy (as expressed by the Contributor Agreement (URL) other documentation, or tradition) on third parties capitalising on the considerable volunteer time, effort, and (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) If it is a messagebox, pressing Ctrl+C will copy the contents to the clipboard and beep. (16 years ago, 7-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I am very sorry for that mistake has happen. I would like to help you in this case, but as long as I have no more detailed informations, I am unable to help. For translations I recommend (URL) to use. As far as I know the best translation tool (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I find German hard to read, but not at all impossible. And I don't think Swedish is much closer related to German than English is. Anyway, you can always make a screen dump and crop out the error messagebox. /Tore (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I downloaded tried to install MPDCenter from here: (URL) the installer is all in German, which I can't read, and I got an error message that I can't understand... I would copy/paste the error, but it doesn't allow me to select the text from (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Sorry for the late response. I have placed the program and source code in a zip file here: (URL) colors.txt file contains an up to date list of all of the colors from Peeron, Bricklink, and LDRAW. I think there are 119 total. Some notes about the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I agree to Jim. To make it in an easy way I wrote a prog MPDCenter that is still available. Maybe you can use it. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Scott Wardlaw wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP Are you able to give that cool tool to the community. I thought about the color handling in MLCad for a while and now I read this! Awaresome! cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 2-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I think the cheese slope is the perfect example of this happening. Most of my early MPDs using it are misoriented by 90 degrees due to a change in the part. (...) See above ;) Tim (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) Do you have any help files on that tool? I don't understand how to use it. For one thing I put unofficial parts into my regular LDRAW\PARTS directory, so there is no "unofficial parts path." I wasn't aware that MLCAD could scan multiple parts (...) (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I don't know. LDView takes care of retrieving missing parts in MPDs that I download, but there is a case to be made for including unofficial parts in the MPD. Since the parts are unofficial, changes to their origin or orientation might take (...) (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Best practice for using unofficial parts?

(...) I use number 2 and I think it's the standard practice. In an act of shameless self promotion, I recommend MPD Wizard: (URL) (may not work with Vista) -Orion (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Best practice for using unofficial parts?

At BrickFair I made an MPD file of a covered cylindrical hopper car by Margaret Keys, but it used two unofficial parts. To make the file, I downloaded the parts (and the needed subassembly files) into my parts library, but if I share it with others (...) (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hi Joshua, please post. Could you be a bit more specific about the problems with the LDRAW numbering system? If guess the bit-mapping (URL) was a requirement for backwards compatibility with LDraw which is obsolete now giving room to new (...) (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  (canceled)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

This is an area that I took interest in several months back. Most of the Peeron or Bricklink color values do not display well when they are rendered on the screen. Most of the LDRAW colors are a different value, so that the rendered color looks like (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hmm ... I found some sources how the colors are defined: (URL) it looks like LDraw colors (URL) still refer to a color chart which was defined long before we got our hands on the official LEGO colors at (URL) and are the reason why our values (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) POVray can, of course, do all these colours and is likely to be the most frequent user of the colour definitions file. Some of us have fiddled around with pearl before ((URL) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I'm pretty sure that the (2006-2007?) LSC agreed to leave the contents of ldconfig.ldr up to the LDraw part admins. We saw it as our job to specify the format of the !COLOUR meta-command, but not to have anything to do with the actual list of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Take a look at the !COLOUR spec here: (URL) is covered, along with rubber, chrome, matte metallic, and metal. Glitter transparency isn't, and probably should be. Of course, just because official LDraw colors can be defined with these (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:K6D96D.Ews@lugnet.com... (...) I don't know about the whole color thing but your post makes me think of an interesting point. Just how exactly is LDRAW supposed to handle displaying the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Hi gang, playing around with colors I was floored by the fact that we do not have a LDraw color number or RGBs for quite a lot of LEGO colors. In addition our RGBs sometimes differ a lot from the official colors: (URL) remember the time when we were (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

Hi! Here are three questions: one about LEGO trademarks and two for the LDraw community. The questions stem from a casual interest in selling custom LEGO kits with instructions. Because there are existing vendors of excellent such kits - and books (...) (16 years ago, 17-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Voting for "Model Of The Month" is now open

Hi folks, we've a new round of models and parts in our MOTM contest. Have a look at: (URL) cast your vote! Willy Tschager LDraw Administration Team (16 years ago, 1-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  RACHAL Reminder

I went to add a reminder to RACHAL in the LDraw Flickr group today and discovered that the latest one was completely hidden on the site. Sorry about that, I must never have finished off all the editing on the LDraw site. Anyway, as a reminder to you (...) (16 years ago, 1-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM/POTM contest: (URL) currently have 4 entries for the MOTM, 4 for the POTM and none for the SOTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: LDraw History updated

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote: (snip) (...) The article in BrickJournal was written by Geoff Gray, so he deserves the recongnition much more than me:-)! Joe (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw History updated

(...) Great work, Willy. Tim (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw History updated

Hi folks, the "Contribute" page at LDraw.org (URL) said: LDraw History Finish filling out the LDraw History pages. Approx. 1-2hrs time needed to complete task. Posted 01.02.02 To be honest I was a little worried about the estimate - especially after (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Canvas - (URL) - thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me. Have we settled on this, or is it (...) I measured the Wagon Cover with a caliper rule (as I always do) and 0.4 mm seamed to me much more appropriate than 0.2 mm. (...) IMHO a flat (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Yeah, MLCad has rendering problems at 0.5LDU. Oddly, it seems to be able to cope with a 0.25LDU thick sticker. Alex (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) A note on the thickness. If the part is BFC'd, then in theory there is no minimum thickness that is required to prevent rendering artifacts. In reality, you'll get artifacts on renderers that don't have BFC support if you go too thin. If (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

So...I'm working on the two tepee covers (this is gonna take a while... :-) and: - 'Cloth' (Peeron) or 'Canvas' (Bricklink) ? - thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me. Have we settled on this, or is it still up for grabs? I'm trying 0.5LDU right now, (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) Hi Richie, being also one of LDraw's treasurer I double checked Tim's bookkeeping. His statement on LDraw's credit entry is not entirely correct. It is not a "long series of zeroes" but exactly: 0.-- USD or 0,-- Euro. Also the figures on the (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) Dear Richie, As the LDraw organisation receives no funds and has no costs (other than those to its volunteers) the financial records involve a long series of zeroes. As I know you have experience in that line of work I'm sure the SteerCo would (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) I note that article doesn't include financial records. Per Tim's suggestion that questions directed to the various positions could be posted here, could the Steerco advise where the financial records have been published? Thanks Richie Dulin CO (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer

(...) You are right, it is not a bugfix, but better coding. I have installed on my machine version 3.1, 3.5 and 3.6 of POV-Ray and all have the same "bad" coding line. So there have to be somebody who has changed that, but I think this do not affect (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer

(...) Why do you call this a bug fix? Is #ifndef not a valid POV command? Both versions do exactly the same thing, as far as I can tell, just via #ifdef for POV 3.5, and #ifndef for LDraw. --Travis (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer

(...) That's exactly what I was thinking about this issue. If we need a third party permission then we need it from POV-Ray Team. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) I mean effective, highly productive with very positive results. Thanks! Kevin (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) If you mean effective then I thank you very much for mention this. We will go forward to bring the next parts update in the pipeline. If you mean what you wrote 'affective', please explain that to me. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) Thanks for this, and I agree with Orion that the status of these positions are not a matter of public record. Personally, I have the upmost respect for the current SteerCo and Standards committees, and the members there in. I think they are (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) Thanks for this, and I agree with Orion that the status of these positions are not a matter of public record. Personally, I have the upmost respect for the current SteerCo and Standards committees, and the members there in. I think they are (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) Well maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know is that there isn't anything in the Bylaws that says we have to announce these positions publicly, that they are permanent once set, or that the same person can't be all 3. Therefore, as we have (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) I think it more than meets the spirit although I agree it may be outside the letter. I'll try to think of a better solution for next year. Tim (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

(...) This solution seems to be outside the spirit of the bylaws, and probably outside the letter as well. The bylaws state "Once elected, the Steering Committee Members shall vote amongst themselves to determine a chairperson, secretary, and (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer positions

In order to adhere to the LDraw.org Bylaws the LDraw SteerCo have voted unanimously to share each of the positions of Treasurer, Secretary and Chairperson equally between all LDraw SteerCo members for the duration of the current term. Any questions (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) Thanks for the update. Shouldn't the bylaws be updated to reflect the changed operations? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) That's quite a bind you're in. Who does the help desk call when they need help? (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) Hi Richie, the LDraw Steering Committee's summary can at any time found at: (URL) learn that the SteerCo has decided to not elect any of the above positions - same as last year. As for the activities we are still engaged with the CA and other (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

(...) It's been a few months now: are you able to advise which Steerco members have been elected Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary? It'd be good to be able to follow up the quarterly report of activities and progress and financial reports with (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2007 awarded to Kevin Clague

(...) With an OK from Orion, who regrettably couldn't attend, I presented the award to Kevin at the closing ceremonies yesterday. LDraw is core to how we communicate and share with each other in the hobby; so I'm glad when a recipient is able to be (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2007 awarded to Kevin Clague

(...) It was a great honor to receive the 2007 James Jessiman Award at Brickworld. It was unfortunate the current SteerCo members were unable to attend, but you were there in my mind. I was especially honored to receive the award from Tim Courtney. (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Facebook and Flickr groups

(...) Wow. I'm impressed by the number of us on these social networking sites. Already 41 people in the facebook group (one of the largest LEGO related groups) and a further 27 on flickr. And best of all some new faces and de-lurkers. Tim (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Flickr group Re: LDraw users Facebook group

(...) Another great idea. Spotlighted. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Flickr group Re: LDraw users Facebook group

(...) And just to keep it broad I created a Flickr group too (URL) (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw users Facebook group

(...) This is a great idea! Spotlighted. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw users Facebook group

Hi all, I took the liberty of creating a Facebook group for LDraw users. It should provide another means for those of us interested in LDraw to keep in touch. Link: (URL) for checking it out and I hope to see some of you joining. Tim (as an LDraw (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election result

(...) Thanks guys. Tim (16 years ago, 8-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election result

(...) Congratulations Tim! Kevin (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election result

(...) For those of you who didn't see the announcment, Tim Gould was chosen as one of the new ambassadors. See here: (URL) Tim. --Travis (16 years ago, 4-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org's May 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

(...) This time I don't feel bad voting for myself ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 4-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org's May 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

(...) I'm going to use my amazing powers of prognostication and predict a win by Philo for the June POTM contest. --Travis (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw.org's May 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the May 2008 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Door 1 x 8 x 6 Frame by Willy Tschager (Holly-Wood) and LEGO Universe Team> (URL) POTM – Most Desired Part, Window 1 x 4 (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election result

(...) Kevin, Tim, please answer to these via email by tomorrow: * Name and age of the nominee. * Where is the nominee from? * Which Group does this nominee represent? * Key interests of the nominee (themes, building styles, and some examples of (...) (16 years ago, 22-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election result

The winners of the 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election are (in alphabetical order by last name): Kevin Clague Tim Gould Willy Tschager As stated in the announcement (URL) at least 3 testimonials from members of nominating group are required. (...) (16 years ago, 20-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Jean-Marc came back to me today with an interesting solution I think might work. See (URL) Click on MLCad's ball, then "Details" within the window. The specific versions will appear in the large band below. What does everyone think about this? (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador Election is open

In reference to this post (URL) the 2008/2009 LDraw LEGO Ambassador election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

To keep moving this forward, I asked a LinkedIn question on the topic seeking help from a JS developer. This gentleman was kind enough to put a few cycles into it. Here are the results. I'm posting the question/answer thread in reverse chronological (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Willy & All, I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring for an LDraw ambassador position. I've re-ignited an interest in encouraging development of LDraw tools. I believe it's in LEGO's interest to help the LDraw community, and would enjoy (...) (16 years ago, 12-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

I'd like to nominate Willy Tschager. Marco (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Many thx Tim for the nomination, I accept. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Here is the response I received via email: (...) If anyone wants to take a look at the code, please do. I'll have some friends look when I have the opportunity. -Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) I'd like to nominate Willy Tschager. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Thank you Travis. I accept this nomination. Kevin (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Since I already have my name out there in other forums and groups I may as well raise my hand here too. Should people want me I would be willing to run. Tim (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

I nominate Kevin Clague. On a side note, I won't accept a nomination myself; I don't feel I spend enough time with non-virtual LEGO. --Travis (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org's April 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

(...) Upps! My bad :-( The winning page states clearly that this is your part only - I overlooked it in the paste'n'copy . Sorry about that. w. (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

In reference to this post (URL) the LDraw.org Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate/self- nominate individuals as candidates for the LDraw LEGO Ambassador. Please read the official announcement at (URL) post (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) I did some more digging on the project homepage and found the name of the creator. I sent him an email directly (vs the prof. over the project). We'll see what happens there. Otherwise, I've been meaning to have a friend or two look into the (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Nothing can be found in that file that helps us. You have to go to the project page and then you have all files for download and there are a lot. As far as I understand the code the file that has the code that we have to change is here, but I (...) (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Fixed. -Orion (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) it. -Orion (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Orion or Willy may be able to. I don't believe I have a local copy of the files and don't know what happened with the article. If all else fails, I hope Bram has an archived copy. -Tim (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

Hey, before this history thread drops completely outta site... Is there any way to restore the historical LDraw and LEdit tutorial that used to be available here? (URL) (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org's April 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

(...) Philo (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw.org's April 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the April 2008 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Technic Bionicle Claw with Axle by Philippe Hurbain (Philo) and LEGO Universe Team> (URL) POTM – Most Desired Part, (...) (16 years ago, 4-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) I entered the MLCad dates that Willy posted into the XML building off of Travis' LDView input. I also grouped LDView and MLCad items within comments. The idea would be to push out a new version of the script that renders the timeline to (...) (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer

(...) Ahui, Jeronen says NO. but I did a merge on the files. The difference between 3.5 and the file posted above are: ***...*** PovRay 3.5 ***...*** #ifdef(Colors_Inc_Temp) // do nothing #else #declare Colors_Inc_Temp = version; #version 3.5 (...) (16 years ago, 26-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) The alternative timelines I've checked out have either fewer features or don't display as nicely as we'd want for this. The original seems to be the best so far, and is really only lacking a couple features to make it ideal. Is anyone here (...) (16 years ago, 25-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer

(...) The current AIOI does the following at the very end (read last step) II POV-RAY 3.5 was installed then... loc = Search for "arrays.inc" in the PO-RAY sub-directories rename "loc"\colors.inc to "loc"\colors_original.inc add colors.inc (this is (...) (16 years ago, 23-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM/POTM contest: (URL) currently have 2 entries for the MOTM, 5 for the POTM and none for the SOTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (16 years ago, 21-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Hmm, yeah I'm a bit disappointed in how it doesn't let you group events so they show up in the same place horizontally. So, if we want to use this in its current state, we'd have to drop the version dates which isn't good. I hope the group (...) (16 years ago, 20-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

This was the best I could come up with: (URL) I created one big event for LDView spanning from its original release until Dec 31 2010, and then created a point event for each release. --Travis (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Never mind. After playing with it, I see that it doesn't want things that occur in sequence to be at the same vertical location. --Travis (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) Can't you just make the end date of the current release of any software be some point in the future? Then, make the end date of each previous version one day before the release date of the next version. If it's doing what it sounds like based (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) snip (...) snip (...) I could not get the prog to do what I want. It places the events on the line it wants, not like I want. I did not find a way to tell the prog that I want some events on the same line. I think for what we want to do this (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) THANK YOU. I used the start/end for the beginning/end of MLCad in the current timeline. Want to code these up in the XML format and email or post for me to include? Mike Heide suggested using start/end points for each version so there's a line (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help writing LDraw's history

(...) I agree with you on each tool being a line, or at least groupings of tools being together. However I haven't figured out how to get the timeline to do that just yet. It seems to me that it takes the next available space for a line. You post (...) (16 years ago, 19-Apr-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact