Re: New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:45:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ahui Herrera wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ahui Herrera wrote:

Ahui,

Jeronen says NO. but I did a merge on the files. The difference between 3.5 and
the file posted above are:

********************* PovRay 3.5 *************************

#ifdef(Colors_Inc_Temp)
// do nothing
#else
#declare Colors_Inc_Temp = version;

#version 3.5

********************* LDraw Color ************************

#ifndef(Colors_Inc_Temp)

#declare Colors_Inc_Temp = version;
#version 3.5;

If the file posted above is correct the difference is nothing more than a bugfix
and I cannot see any reason why I would need a third party permission for a fix.

Thoughts?

Why do you call this a bug fix?  Is #ifndef not a valid POV command?  Both
versions do exactly the same thing, as far as I can tell, just via #ifdef for
POV 3.5, and #ifndef for LDraw.

--Travis

You are right, it is not a bugfix, but better coding. I have installed on my
machine version 3.1, 3.5 and 3.6 of POV-Ray and all have the same "bad" coding
line. So there have to be somebody who has changed that, but I think this do not
affect any liscence.

cu
mikeheide