Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:11:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Alex Taylor wrote:
So...I'm working on the two tepee covers (this is gonna take a while... :-) and:

- thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me.  Have we settled on this, or is it
still up for grabs?  I'm trying 0.5LDU right now, which looks better.

A note on the thickness.  If the part is BFC'd, then in theory there is no
minimum thickness that is required to prevent rendering artifacts.  In reality,
you'll get artifacts on renderers that don't have BFC support if you go too
thin.  If you're using LDView with BFC enabled for testing, it might be good to
test with BFC disabled in LDView, as well as test with other renderers such as
MLCAD, L3Lab, and POV after L3P export.

--Travis

Yeah, MLCad has rendering problems at 0.5LDU.  Oddly, it seems to be able to
cope with a 0.25LDU thick sticker.

Alex