Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:39:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Alex Taylor wrote:
So...I'm working on the two tepee covers (this is gonna take a while... :-) and:

- 'Cloth' (Peeron) or 'Canvas' (Bricklink) ?

Canvas - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas

- thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me.  Have we settled on this, or is it
still up for grabs?  I'm trying 0.5LDU right now, which looks better.

I measured the Wagon Cover with a caliper rule (as I always do) and 0.4 mm
seamed to me much more appropriate than 0.2 mm.

    - each part as both a 'flat' version (for the BOM, I guess) and the conical

IMHO a flat version just for the BOM is overkill but I'd like to hear the PT
admin's opionion on this.

w.