Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:11:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

I'm currently working on the "Canvas Wagon Cover with Oval and Two Crossed
Cutlasses Pattern"

<<http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/Canvas.gif>>

Nice.

and before I start cleaning the part for PT-fitness I'd like to ask the LSC¬
for some guidelines, since this is the first canvas part ever authored.¬
Actually best would be if the LSC could set up a standard as they did for
the¬ stickers:¬ ¬ <http://www.ldraw.org/Article339.html>¬ ¬
with a spot on the following questions:¬

* Shall the part be modeled by real colors, where they are not modifiable¬
  from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not
  allowed?¬ If this the case shall a special color (may be a texture defined
  in¬ LDconfig.ldr) be used or a color close to an official LDraw color (15 -
  White¬ in this case)?¬
¬
* I measured the thickness and got approx. 0.4 mm (1 LDU). Think it can also¬
  apply to the others <http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catID=162> ¬
¬
* Shall I submit also a non-pattern version as we do for parts?¬
¬
* Do we want also the unfold version for a "Bill of Material" like this¬
  <http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=x192px1>? IMHO it would be¬
  overkill - beside the fact that an unfold version has to be re-modeled
  from¬ scratch :-(¬
¬
* Any ideas on the numbering for the case we don't have the itemID for older¬
  canvases?¬
¬
* The name of the part begins with "Canvas" and we definitely need a new¬
  category.

Your thoughts? Did I miss something?

Doesn't part 522
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/522
represent the first official part from this family?  Should it stand as an
example for future such parts, or does it need to be revised after the LSC
adopts some guidelines?