Re: POV settings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Another thing may be that your models are mainly black. Black is much more
difficult than lighter colors, especially if it's shiny black.

Your transparent parts look awfully good, for example (although a bit too
clear to be real - I now remember that I fiddled with the transparent parts
in the 'playtable' to get the right look), and the yellow parts also look
better than the black ones.

Perhaps you should make the black more gray, and less shiny?

That's a great idea!  I've never played around to much with the color
definitions, and I imagine that they'd go a long way toward improving image
quality.

I never would have thought of the camera-location light_source.  That might be
just the thing to give a more natural appearance to the scene.

Thank you for the POV file.  I'll take a look and see what I can steal from you!

Dave!