Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Orion Pobursky wrote:

This is the first month of the new MOTM rules format.  Any comment
regarding this new format are appreciated.

I must say I sincerely dislike the rendering options used for MOTM. The
distorted perspective caused by having the camera so close makes me want to
vote *NO* to all pictures :-(

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I see *nothing* cool in this kind of picture
(it feels like: 'too lazy to learn about cameras'), and have consistently
voted away from such earlier. Now you give me no choice.

IMO you should consider moving the camera away to give a non-distorted view.

The point is to not take the rendering into account.  In fact next month I think
I'll make the pictures straight from MLCad just to illustrate the fact that this
contest is not about the rendering.

-Orion