Subject:
POV settings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:39:08 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

Okay, I was able to view Brickshelf today.  That's a lovely
photograph, but what does it have to do with POV-Ray?  8^)

May I ask what color palette you used ...

NOTE: POVRay 3.5 assumed in the following!

It's the standard colors generated by L3P, and the original radiosity ideas,
but I fiddled a bit with the radiosity and other settings in the .pov-file:

#declare AMB = 0;
#declare DIF = 0.8;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.2
  ambient_light 0
  max_trace_level 25
  adc_bailout 1/150

  radiosity {
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end 0.01
    count 300
    error_bound 0.1
    recursion_limit 1
  }
}

It *could* be that I did hand-tweak some color, but to check that I'd have
to re-generate everything and make a diff.

If you want the complete .pov file, just tell me where to send it (it's 397
kB).

... and how long it took to render?

Beats me!? I don't remember, maybe I told it in the original lugnet post ...
[searching] ...
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1261 ... no, no mentioning of time.

Did a quick test, doing '160x120 no AA' took 198.5 seconds, so by
extrapolation to 800x600 we get 480000/19200 = 25 times more pixels, so it
must have taken at least 1.5 hours.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm