Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:06:29 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

The point is to not take the rendering into account.  In fact next
month I think I'll make the pictures straight from MLCad just to
illustrate the fact that this contest is not about the rendering.

Yes, maybe it's a good idea to use MLCad straight, but the models look *so*
much better when POV:ed, it's a pity not to do it...

I think a distant camera with a small angle, giving a nearly isometric view,
is best if using POVRay.

Of course, you're deciding the rules, and every picture follows the same
rules, so there's no *big* problem - it's just *my* experience of the models
that gets crippled...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm