Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 02:34:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
perhaps someone can develop an app to generate camera settings interactively by
giving you a real time rendering of the containing boxes of your models or
something as you change settings via flying the mouse around on a camera sphere
or something?

I'm resistant to this.  I think all the models should be rendered with the same
settings.  In other words, I want the settings in the file that aren't directly
related to the model (camera, floor, lighting, etc) to be same across all the
submissions.  The only exception to this would be the custom camera positions
provided by the submitter.

I meant for YOU to use so that you got the right settings easily... :-)

More seriously, I agree that most models should be at the same angles and so
forth (except for huge models where the camera needs to pull back or whatever)
but size drives the camera field of view I think.