 CAD / Development / 9762 (-40)
  Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

It didn't work with 1.0.7 but the daily-CVS version worked! In the webbpage, the lines about the daily CVS should perhaps not be in the section "somewhat older stuff" ;-) It works fine with the l3 parser. But it does not show any thing if I do (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

I like it. One other change you didn't mention is the addition of the BASE downloads. That's also very nice, because it allows an app to bootstrap itself completely, without requiring the user to first install LDraw. (Having said that, I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

(...) I think this means I need to get an up to date linux box so I can try to resolve the incompatibilities with the newer hardware accelerated opengl drivers and the software rendering offscreen osmesa driver. What version of ldglite is this? 1.0 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

Hey all (interested parties), Please take a look at (URL) let me know what you think. This is a temporary script and URL. Please don't think this is the final configuration. I'm working on a (more) final version, hopefully it will be ready before (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux

Hello. I'm trying to compile ldglite in my gentoo linux machine. Here is what happens. I give the command: make -f makefile.linux And after some compiling I get: gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX -DUSE_PNG (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) GREAT :), Ok I explain again , to undestand u can go to www.4dimensions.org and and play the 4D game or let me try to explain again. ok you will see a drawing of the room u are in so u don't need to imagen it but if u are with other players or (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

Hello. Yes, I like your idea, but it's hard to imagine what exactly you want it to look like. Please make drawings of your ideas so it is easier to get the idea. Then I have some questions: When do you want this game to go into production? How much (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

OK I think I have a better idea still is the same but we could do it Is like doing a chat room ok the idea is based on MUD games text based games but the diferences are we will use graphics to show the static elements like (buildings, minfigs that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Yes, that would be me. I had a messed up bug in my HTTP download code that took me a long time to track down. (Note that the bug didn't cause the unusally large number of downloads of the file; tracking down the bug did.) In general, I'm not a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Well, I think both would be appropriate. At this point, I haven't decided if I want to track down an open source unzip library to unzip the zip files, or just execute the other ones directly from LDView. But from the standpoint of the file (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) Do you want sizes for the ZIP files or the ARJ-format EXEs? Steve (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi

(...) I always thought it should emit XML, which would make it really easy to add more info (like what you're suggesting) without affecting backwards compatibility. Maybe it's not too late to do that. From looking at the logs from the last few days, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Request change to ptreleases.cgi

I have a request for a change to be made to the ptreleases.cgi script that keeps track of all parts updates. Unfortunately, if anyone has actually implemented support for automatic updates using this script, my suggested change might not be (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) wow nice, is sort of my idea but everything rendered with pov-ray. Who make it? and how? (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) Well something easy to use I was thinking. (...) 2d = 2 dimensions like the game diablo If possible or like GTA 1 top view. (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

Would it look sumwhat like this? (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) It is always best to start it out working on all platforms. There are several code libraries that can be used that are multiplatform. I think the most popluar is SDL (libsdl). If you used something Microsoft/Apple proprietary, like (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game

(...) a space colonization game. no pre-built model, everyone has to build his models from hard earned bricks. some play the Exploriens trying to expand and unreveal E.T. secrets, other play UFOs trying to hide and conquer by converting their (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  I have an idea . What if we make a game

I was thinking since I started to like the game Diablo and other RPG for their great features. Why don't we do a game ? Not just a single player game that has a start and an end but something like an MMORPG well if is possible online if not why not (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Blender/LDraw work for SIGGRAPH

I'm happy to see people talking a bit about Blender and LDraw here. I've been in touch with Ton Roosendaal of the Blender community for a few weeks now, we're planning to get together at SIGGRAPH, attend each other's BOF sessions, and talk about how (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v / 12v train motors

(...) I checked my motors again, only one per type (I didn't want to dismantle all my locomotives that use the motors). Here are my measurement results: x570c01 (blue): Outer plug diameter: 5 mm Inner plug diameter: 2.1 mm Plug height: 2.1 mm (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) Part detection is problematic due to changes over time in the library. For reference, LDView uses the following to identify parts: File is in the Parts directory, and isn't a descendent of any other parts at the time the file is loaded (sub (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Directory separators were added in DOS 2, which accepted both / and \ for that purpose. The feature was imitated from Unix. At the time, there also appeared a config.sys setting for *switch* character, which would default to / but could be set (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v / 12v train motors

(...) Would you be able to take a critical look at the sizes of the connector studs and the holes in them. There is a suggestion that these differ between the versions designed to work with the old Blue 2-pin connectors ((URL) those which fit the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) Well, I'm a bit further along now. No MPD support yet, but it'll be easy to add. It now supports hierarchical loading with piece recognition, loading even the Masakari model in a tolerable amount of time. In the process I noticed not all parts (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  2003-2004 LSC Annual Report

LSC Annual Report August 2003 - July 2004: During this period of time the LSC handled the following issues to completion: - A location was established on the ldraw.org website listing all of the current LDraw library updates. This page is script (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) I'm not a Blender user. Yet. I would like MPD support if/when I start using Blender and your script. (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Blender LDraw support

I hope this isn't off topic for this list. I've begun writing some scripts for Blender to import (and eventually export) LDraw DAT files. Cropped screenshot of result (pieces 105, 10 and 73057): (URL) location (currently 5KB): (2 URLs) features: (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) I just checked my motor cases. The Type I motor cases and Type 2 motor cases are NOT interchangable. To update a Type I motor to a Type II motor you need a Type II top case, a Type II bottom case and a Type II gearbox. (The gearbox is the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) The cases were also sold separately: (URL) Set 1215 which was only the lower half of a Type II housing. It allowed a user to change a Type I motor (an earlier version without the hole) into the updated Type II (with the centre hole). HTH, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) The Type I motor (x564c01) supports both the old style power pickup brick with the plugs at the front (URL) as well as the new style power pickup brick with the plugs at the rear. (URL) The Type II motor (x581c01) supports only the new style (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) The actual motors (both 12V and 4.5V) were sold seperately as replacement packs, so users can screw open the case and replace the motor (either replacing a broken motor or replace a 4.5V motor with a 12V motor or vice versa). (URL) 12V (peeron (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) Yes, including case is good. As Niels indicated, the 4 x 12 x 3 1/3 versions are openable with a screwdriver, allowing the actual motors to be replaced, so I think the term "Shortcut" is correct. The 4 x 12 x 4 version is glued, so I'll change (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) I'm confused. Are these parts generally openable - are the actual motors removeable (by the average user)? If they are removeable, then the (shortcut) names should include "case", since they aren't actually the motor. If the motors are not (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

<SNIP> Thanks Niels for taking the time to research this. I have updated the part names based on this information - to remove the voltage designation and correct the dimensions. Regarding your comment "The parts look good, I only miss metal (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) I have checked my collection of train motors (which has reached an amount of 9), including all three mentioned variants. (Please note that I have changed the order of the quoted lists from Chris' message) (...) Got this one in blue, with a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Variants of 4.5v train motors

Hi We have a collection of 4.5V train motors on the LDraw Parts Tracker, and I'd like some help sorting out the variants of this part. On the PT right now we have x579c01 (by Michael Heidemann) - (URL) - this is the 4x12x4 version x581c01 (by (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inv)

  Re: Primitive Generator program update

(...) I have been doing a little bit of work on the calculator. It is really overdue for a major overhaul. I was trying to impliment some other additions that have not worked out very well so far. (...) have you tried Ctrl+ins=copy, Shift+Ins=Paste, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive Generator program update

(...) ok. (...) Might need to job parts reviewers memories to this detail. (maybe this post will) (...) I have uploaded the update to the webpage; (URL) me know if that is any better, and if I caused any other bugs. I did not spend much time (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDBoxer - Next Step and My Datsville Plans

(...) (snip) (...) I *am* working on it, though slowly :-( The idea is that you can specify any number of part directories, e.g.: <MODELDIR> <LDRAWDIR>\P <LDRAWDIR>\Boxer <LDRAWDIR>\Boxer\B <LDRAWDIR>\Boxer\B\A <LDRAWDIR>\Boxer\BB <LDRAWDIR>\PARTS (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact