 CAD / Development / 9759
Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:14:27 GMT

Hey all (interested parties),

Please take a look at
   http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreleasesnew.cgi
and let me know what you think.

This is a temporary script and URL.  Please don't think this is the final
configuration.

I'm working on a (more) final version, hopefully it will be ready before the
weekend.

There are a number of changes between the current ptreleases and this new
script:
- added release id, file size, and MD5 fingerprint information for each file
- reorganized the data so that each line of data represents a single file
  (previously, each line represented one release with one-or-two files)
- moved the data-compilation to a separate script, with the compiled data
  being stored for reference

The final version of the script will provide several options:
- XML or tab-delimited output
- filter by file type
- select the specific list of fields to return

Also, the final script will cache the response-streams for maximum efficiency.

--
Steve
PS for Chris: I already added a step (#42) to readme.release to run the