 CAD / Development / 9760
Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Gunnar  Lindholm wrote:
Hello.
I'm trying to compile ldglite in my gentoo linux machine.

Here is what happens.

I give the command:
make -f makefile.linux

And after some compiling I get:

gcc -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL -DUSE_L3_PARSER -DUSE_BMP8 -DNEED_MIN_MAX
-DUSE_PNG  -DTILE_RENDER_OPTION -DOSMESA_OPTION -DTEST_MUI_GUI
-I./mui/include   -c -o ldglpr.o ldglpr.c
In file included from ldglpr.c:52:
/usr/include/GL/osmesa.h:119: error: syntax error before "OSMesaContext"

I use the NVIDIA 1.0.6106 drivers and Xfree-86 4.3.

Can anyone here help me? I don't know what more information you might
need, so please ask.

I think this means I need to get an up to date linux box so I can try
to resolve the incompatibilities with the newer hardware accelerated
opengl drivers and the software rendering offscreen osmesa driver.
What version of ldglite is this?  1.0 something, or a bleeding edge
tarball version?

You might get it to build without the offscreen rendering driver
by commenting out this section of the makefile (makefile.linux).

# UnComment this to build in support for Mesa Offscreen rendering
# This needs (namespace?) fixing to work with GLX mesa.
#OFFSCREEN_FLAGS=-DOSMESA_OPTION
#OFFSCREEN_LIBS= -lOSMesa

Then either do a "make clean" and rebuild, or do a "rm *.o" and
rebuild.  I think I added the clean bit after the 1.0 release.

Meanwhile I'll have to search the Mesa mailing list for nvidia and
offscreen osmesa context.  I remember seeing something not too long
ago that may have contained the answer to this problem.  I put it
off because I still use a really old linux distribution.

Have fun,

Don