 CAD / Development / 9765
Re: cant compile ldglite in gentoo linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Gunnar  Lindholm wrote:
That's odd.  I may have broken it with my recent tinkering.  I think
I was trying to make it look in the home directory if it didn't see
anything like a dat file on the command line.  I didn't test it on
linux yet so maybe there's a typo in that code.

What directory does
it start in when you open a file from inside the program?
My home directory.

That's what I thought.  Try commenting the call to platform_sethome()
in main.c and rebuilding.  Maybe that'll fix it.

Acctually, I think it's perhaps better to start it from the current directory,
instead of the home directory. Maybe it's just me, but I usually start
programs from other directories, and the files I want to use are often in
those directories.

I agree.  This was a quick hack to appease those icon clicking Mac users
until the LDRAW.INI search settings are finalized.  I think I'll make it
OS-X only until then.

Don