 CAD / Development / 9761
Re: Request change to ptreleases.cgi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:10:23 GMT

I like it.  One other change you didn't mention is the addition of the BASE
downloads.  That's also very nice, because it allows an app to bootstrap itself
completely, without requiring the user to first install LDraw.  (Having said
that, I'm not making any promises that this feature will ever make it into
LDView, but it at least lets us (app writers) do it if we want, which is very
nice.)  One thing, though: what's up with the date on the ldraw027.exe file?

One problem I see with supporting filtering by file type is that if an app asks
for ZIP files, it won't see all the updates, and it won't really have any way of
knowing which ones are missing.  I'm not saying you shouldn't support it, but
I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea, unless someone goes and creates zip
versions of all the old updates.

--Travis