 CAD / Development / 9724
Re: Primitive Generator program update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 05:48:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:
I can do that.  Now why didn't I know that CCW was the standard winding?
Maybe the 2x4 didn't hit hard enough?  ;)

Just for the record, this is set out in the BFC standard,
<http://www.ldraw.org/article/217>.  In the section "Parts Library Guidelines",
it is stated:

It is desirable for all files to use the same winding. When possible,
files should use counter-clockwise winding. The actual winding for any
part is left to the file author. Primitives should always use CCW
winding.
ok.

Interesting side note: this section also says:
New parts will not be required to be compliant with this extension.
They will be required to carry a 0 BFC tag, indicating either
compliance or non-compliance.

Which means we should be slapping 0 BFC NOCERTIFY tags on all non-BFC parts
before they are released...
Might need to job parts reviewers memories to this detail. (maybe this post
will)

Steve

I have uploaded the update to the webpage;
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/prim-gen.htm

Let me know if that is any better, and if I caused any other bugs. I did not
spend much time testing.

Paul