 CAD / Development / 8127
Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:38:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dwayne Miller writes:

To you Dwayne, I can only give you a long shot [...]

http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ankercad.htm

Found this link, just a hour or two after posting this, see my comments to the
author of the program.

Thanks for the heads up,

Actually, I just thought of some other leads. If you are looking for a
general 3D modeler to create parts, you can find several awesome freeware
ones at

http://www.bakhter.com/index.html

I recommend that you check out anim8or and wings 3d - they both have
excellent modelers. Find them under the heading "freeware". Using these apps
is several times more complicated than creating a Lego model in Mlcad - but
well worth the try. Make sure that you get manuals too. Crossroads is one of
the last freeware 3d file convertors. Well worth keeping in the hard drive too.