 CAD / Development / 6159
Re: Test posting of "Unoffficial Update"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 15:36:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Daniel Crichton wrote:

The Unofficial is going to make it hard to find parts by name as they'll all
be Unofficial, but that might not be a bad thing.

It was a direct suggestion to mark the parts all as unofficial, to make it
easier to remove them later (after another official release).

The only potential problem
I could see was that adding "Unofficial (Un-Official) " to the beginning of
all the names has ended up with some part names being truncated quite a bit
(is there a limit on part names in LDraw?), and it's seems a bit wasteful
using up 26 characters like that.

That falls under the category of 'no review of the parts before release'.  Those
parts already had the '(Un-Official)' on their title.

Part names are limited to 64 characters.

Steve