 CAD / Development / 6158
Re: Test posting of "Unoffficial Update"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 14:42:02 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Daniel Crichton wrote:

Just noticed that my Darth Maul head doesn't have Unofficial in the • name -
is that my fault for not putting it there, or have you been adding this • to
the files yourself?

It's because I had run VB program against all the files to add • 'Unofficial' to
the titles, but that was before I got the Darth Maul head.

I thought it might be something like that.

I need to either drop the 'Unofficial', or rework the posting process to • keep a
clean copy of the files on the server, and a special modified copy for
unofficial distribution.

The Unofficial is going to make it hard to find parts by name as they'll all
be Unofficial, but that might not be a bad thing. The only potential problem
I could see was that adding "Unofficial (Un-Official) " to the beginning of
all the names has ended up with some part names being truncated quite a bit
(is there a limit on part names in LDraw?), and it's seems a bit wasteful
using up 26 characters like that.

Dan