 CAD / 8063
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 02:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs writes:
LDView version 1.9.5 is now available, in both source and binary forms.  You
can download either from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/

The main highlight of version 1.9.5 is:
Added support for smooth shaded curves, using the presense of Type 5 lines
as an indicator of a curved surface. Thanks to Martijn Zwaal for the basis
of the algorithm used to implement this feature.

You can take a look at the change history both on the web site and in the
zip download for a list of all of the changes in each version.

Please let me know if you have any comments, questions, feature suggestions,
or bug reports.

I finally got to try it out and I'm quite jealous of the smoothing
feature!  I'm gonna have to borrow some of that code!

By the way, what is the High Quality setting supposed to do for edge
lines?  It doesn't seem to do much of anything for me.  I thought
maybe it would enable GL_LINE_SMOOTH and all the blending and hint
settings required to get good results with that, but I suppose I
should just check the source to see for sure.

In ldglite I noticed that doing antialiased lines in a separate pass
after the surfaces gave the best results.  I also found that adding
an extra z offset of 0.2 above and beyond the maximum glPolygonOffset()
setting seemed to help quite a bit with the antialiased lines, especially
lines with a width greater than one.

Don