 CAD / 8067
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 19:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Travis Cobbs wrote...
The main highlight of version 1.9.5 is:
Added support for smooth shaded curves, using the presense of Type 5 lines
as an indicator of a curved surface. Thanks to Martijn Zwaal for the basis
of the algorithm used to implement this feature.

I loaded the minifig helmet 2446.dat, but I couldn't seem to get the smooth surface
you demonstrated in http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/FigRed.png
After some experimenting I realized that the smothing only applies to files from PARTS,
and the 2446.dat I tested was located in another directory.

However, one of my tries was to insert:
0 FILE aaaa
1 4 0 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 bbbb
0 FILE bbbb
in the beginning of the 2446.dat (in the other directory).
This produced a red helmet with gray primitives...

Also I always get this:
LDView Errors
OpenGL error:
- File d:\Lars\Lego\L3test\2446ref.dat
- Unknown Line
-Before compile: GL_INVALID_ENUM

(BTW, it would be nice if you could copy'n'paste from the LDView Errors window)
(BTW2, it would also be practical if the OpenGL Driver Info in the Help menu
was presented in ONE window, that you could copy from)

It's absolutely stunning sitting and wacthing LDView spin a model!
/Lars

Hi Lars,

You are not alone:
I also experience color bugs.
I also experience GL_INVALID_ENUM before (only first) compile.
I also sometimes experience no render.

And, yes, LDView spinning a model is stunning!

Damien