 CAD / 8069
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:57:42 GMT

FUT lugnet.cad.dev.

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
I loaded the minifig helmet 2446.dat, but I couldn't seem to get the smooth surface
you demonstrated in http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/FigRed.png
After some experimenting I realized that the smothing only applies to files from PARTS,
and the 2446.dat I tested was located in another directory.

I think I'm going to add support for the 0 Unofficial Part comment, and
treat anything that contains this as a part.  I had the same thing happen to
me when viewing a part somebody posted.

However, one of my tries was to insert:
0 FILE aaaa
1 4 0 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 bbbb
0 FILE bbbb
in the beginning of the 2446.dat (in the other directory).
This produced a red helmet with gray primitives...

I'll look into that.  I know there is a color bug in there somewhere, but I
haven't been able to track it down yet.  Hopefully if I repeat your above
experiment it will show up, and I will be able to figure out why.

Also I always get this:
LDView Errors
OpenGL error:
- File d:\Lars\Lego\L3test\2446ref.dat
- Unknown Line
-Before compile: GL_INVALID_ENUM

Yeah; I get the same thing on my work computer.  It doesn't happen to me at
home, though.  I'll have to see if I can track down what's causing it.  I
think I at least know where to start; I'm pretty sure it started happening
when I moved to a texture-based font.  Whatever it is doesn't appear to be
hurting anything; I'm fairly sure it isn't responsible for the color problem.

(BTW, it would be nice if you could copy'n'paste from the LDView Errors window)

True.  Is there any automatic way that you know of to do that in a tree
view?  If not, I can add my own copy and paste code; I've actually done that
once before, so at least I know how.

(BTW2, it would also be practical if the OpenGL Driver Info in the Help menu
was presented in ONE window, that you could copy from)

Good point.  The current way was real easy to implement, but not the most
user-friendly.  I think I'll add consolidation of that stuff to my future
features.

It's absolutely stunning sitting and wacthing LDView spin a model!

Glad you like it.  I really like the spin feature myself.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)