 CAD / 8058
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 17:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen writes:
OK, the strangest thing happened.
I was happy LDViewing from the beginning version 1.0 and I love it.
Then I upgraded to 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2 and they all worked fine!
Next I upgraded to 1.9.4 and that worked. Next came this version 1.9.5. It
worked just fine.
But then it crashed on a large complicated MPD file. No matter, I thought.
Just kill it and restart.

Hey, it doesn't work anymore! I restored to version 1.9.4 and this didn't
work either. Reboot. Reinstall. Nothing!
Now I installed from 1.0 to 1.9.2 and this works again! Phew...

But: I want 1.9.5 to work, just like it did! What is the problem here? Any
ideas?

Well, this certainly sounds odd.  I need some more information before I can
even make any guesses.  After the initial crash in 1.9.5, you say that it
didn't work any more.  What do you mean by this?  Did it crash any time you
ran it?  Did it not run at all (not show a window)?  Did it run, but lock
up?  What did it do?

While I can't think of anything that would cause a problem, you might try
deleting the LDView registry entries here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Travis Cobbs\LDView

Just delete the entire LDView folder and its contents using regedit.  If you
have never used regedit, do the following:

1. Start->Run...
2. Type regedit in the box and hit ok
3. Browse in the directory struction on the right to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Travis Cobbs\LDView
4. Right click on the LDView folder and select delete from the pop up menu.
5. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)