 CAD / 8055
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 21:49:40 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs writes:
LDView version 1.9.5 is now available, in both source and binary forms.  You
can download either from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/

The main highlight of version 1.9.5 is:
Added support for smooth shaded curves, using the presense of Type 5 lines
as an indicator of a curved surface. Thanks to Martijn Zwaal for the basis
of the algorithm used to implement this feature.

You can take a look at the change history both on the web site and in the
zip download for a list of all of the changes in each version.

Please let me know if you have any comments, questions, feature suggestions,
or bug reports.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

Better than ever!
I would have not believed LDView could have better graphics.
But curve smoothing is such a tremendous quality improvement.

Other remarks:
* Documentation should warn about memory requirements of "Conditionnal
Lines". LDView can be more than 25 times slower when I swith 5-lines on,
because of disk-overswapping. No other option has such an impact on performance.
* I still experience color bugs, especially with transparent parts. Official
part 30187c02.dat is representative of this color bug. Parts in file
containing errors can also be color-modified.

My config: W98se, 64Mo, celeron500 + i810 chipset
My OpenGL driver: Intel 810 version 1.1.2

I am confident, you are on the way of a displayer that is much better and
yet as stable as version 1.0

Thanks,

Damien
http://brickcaster.multimania.com