 CAD / 4910
Re: New Partsref is pure bliss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:15:46 GMT

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@home.com> writes:

Thanks for kudos.  I think there's still room for improvement in Partsref,
but I'm very happy with how this version turned out.  But I couldn't have
done it without Todd's (and I somewhat suspect, Suzanne's) help.

One BIG improvement would be to crossref parts with the sets they come in.
I know getting the data is a huge undertaking, as it amounts to doing
inventories of all the sets.  But if inventories were actually used
in this way I guess this would help motivate people to do them.
In addition to sets there could also be crossrefs to main models,
whose inventories can be deduced from the scanned instructions.

What do you think?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>