 CAD / 4906
Re: New Partsref is pure bliss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:29:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I spent some time with it, and while i think it's really neat, I miss the
old interface, is it still around??? What I like is the ability to see vast
swaths of parts all at once, only one category click in. The current one is
TOO compartmentalized (did I just say that?)

Multiple views might be a good way to go.

++lar

After taking some time to explore the new setup, I agree with Larry on all
points.  I, too miss the old interface.  It is one of the few sites where I
found frames very useful in reducing mouseclicks.
I suppose that once we get used to using the new format we won't even miss the
old frames version.

The simple colorization is awesome.  Using Nescape and a simple right-click to
View_image I found it a breeze to switch colors with only the simple numeric
change to the URL.  I have already made a printout of the color chart for
easy reference.  This feature can't be beat !!!

I admit to being a hack where Partsref is concerned.  I only use it to visually
reference parts I am buying/selling/trading but I do use Partsref almost daily.
Partsref is invaluable to me personally.

Thus, many thanks to Steve Bliss, Todd, and everyone else who has made Partsref
a continually useful resource.  Special thanks to all that have contributed
LDraw renderings over the years to keep Partsref current.

BTW, Todd, the subject line of this message should have a capital B.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego enthusiast for over 20 years....