 CAD / 4521
Re: Tim visits the Model Shop (was: Re: The Artemis Project)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:

I've been starting to talk to BradJ and we will continue to talk in the
future about LD, and I can see what I can mention about LCAD and parts
naming to him.  But, IMO, a two name approach may be the best, if we can
ever get their names out of them.

But it wouldn't be a 'two name' system -- it would be a multi-name system,
because the 'official names' can change over time.

The LDraw names can change occasionally, but it doesn't happen very often
(there're usually a few with every part release).  Name changes usually
happen because we add new varations of partfiles, and the old names need to
be adjusted.

Steve