 CAD / 4452
4451  |  4453
Subject:
The Artemis Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:17:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

As some of you may know, I am a student of Industrial Design, specializing in
product and interface design. I will be graduating in December, and hopefully
putting some of that to work ;) I have really appreciated all the work that
everyone in the LCAD community has done, and often have wished that I had the
skills to contribute to the development of LCAD tools. Since the one thing that
I *have* trained for is the design of complex interfaces & products, I have
been watching the progress and movements within the LCAD developer community
for some time.

The Artemis project is the result of work & research I have done on interface
design both in classes and on my own for the last couple of years. The purpose
of this project is to hopefully make an impact on the course of LCAD software
development.

Keep in mind, that this is not necessarily a proposal for a new LCAD program,
but rather an attempt to demonstrate that with all of the talent at our
disposal, there is no reason why, working together on one project, we can't
develop a piece of software equal to or superior to the software that TLG uses
to make their instructions, CDROMS, etc.

http://www.etymon.com/kn/test/artemis/

I now open the floor for discussion ;-)
--Karim