 CAD / 4481
Re: The Artemis Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Poindexter writes:
Karim,

I happen to like the look of the user interface.  It definitely has the
"Adobe" look and feel.

Hehehe, well, That's not necessarily a *good* thing :) But it's true, I used
screenshots of Photoshop to composite the interface screens, as that was what I
had at hand.

It also looks like the best interface I have seen,
although it looks like it adds a little to the learning curve.  Of course,
added power comes at the price of added complexity.

Has Michael Lachmann seen this?  I think that he would be the most likely
programmer to take this on, based on how often he updates MLCAD.  Perhaps he
could implement this type of interface for MLCAD v2.0.

He has.  I'm not sure what he thinks of it in totality (perhaps he could
respond?), though I belive he said that it seemed like a daunting project.  Of
course, the key here is that this kind of project is really too big for one
person to accomplish (unless they are getting paid for it). That is why the
goal of Artemis is to achieve an Open Source, or at least Distributed Developer
community around the development of LCAD software. This is too large a project
for one person to handle on his/her own and still achieve the level of software
that we all want.

--Karim