 CAD / 2941
Re: Lets get a datsville castle going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:16:00 GMT

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com>
wrote:
Do you want to take a crack at some Datsville pics?  The .pov files can be
downloaded from the geocities site:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/datsville.html

Ok, I grabbed that one and gave it a shot.

Render time for me is up to 4 hrs., which really limits the number of pics I
can do.  You'll need a swapfile set up on a drive with >800 MB free (I have 1
GB free, and it worked, so maybe it needs that much, I'm not sure.)

I had a problem when I set my swap file to start at 1GB under NT4,
even though I told it to grow to 1.5GB.  So I set it to 2GB and
everything worked fine.  Dunno what res and such you render at - I
did it at 1280x1024 no AA and it 2 hours and 3 min.  Probably take
longer to AA, but that's no big deal.

If it works, and you'd like to help out with more pics, I could send you
camera and lookat coordinates to plug in and run.  Then it's just a matter of
converting to .jpeg and uploading to LUGNET.

I can give that a shot.  Wonder if you can do all this via the
command line?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/