 CAD / 15105
Re: In the pipe. (Was- It’s the year 2008, where are my parts updates?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:17:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
If LPub and LSynth are open source via GPL, do you still need the written
permission from me to include them in the all in one installer?

no need, kevin. we include both progs via the GPL. have a look at the "Third
Party Software" section in the proposed new all-in-one-installer dialog:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article482.html

I'd guess we have a race between the all-in-one and my release of LPub 4.0.
I'll always have the latest and greatest available on my website and ldraw.org,
but when is it too late to get it into the all-in-one.  How often will this
install package be updated?

usually the package is updated every six month but I guess after the release of
the new CA library there will be more because of the update with the rewrites,
the parts in the pipeline ... (and we could also ship a new package just for
LPub 4.0 ;-)

w.