 CAD / 15091
Re: It’s the year 2008, where are my parts updates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:32:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Evan Willnow wrote:
It has been over two years since the last LDraw parts update. Where the heck are
the new ones? Are we just letting LDraw die? It is really seeming that way.

Yes, I’ve read the ‘Lack of Parts Updates’ article. I read it over a year ago.
And as far as I can tell everything is waiting on six parts to be redone before
anything new is released. Is this right? Six parts are causing the downfall of
the great LDraw?

No, the six parts are not the reason for the delay but the inconsistency of the
part's header with the need to check/convert every single part, plus all the
extra work that has to be done for the new package - read: all-in-one-installer,
readmes, licenses, ...

Right from the start the PT-Admins planed to release two libraries, one
containing the new CA parts, the other with the Non-CA parts followed shortly
after by an updated containing the re-writes of the Non-CA parts.

w.
LDraw Administration Team