 CAD / 15098
15097  |  15099
Subject:
In the pipe. (Was- It’s the year 2008, where are my parts updates?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:22:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
Are there instructions anywhere on how to download and install or update
unofficial parts?

Is there a repository where all the unofficial parts live?

To answer both of your questions, take a look at LDraw.org's
<http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
Download Unofficial Parts> page.

Although the 'instructions' are kinda brief.  Sorry about that.

Basically, you do this:

+ Download the zip file (the link at the bottom of the unofficial parts page)
+ Unzip the zip to a temporary location.  Notice that the zip has a "parts"
  and a "p" directory.
+ Copy the "parts" and "p" directory into your C:\\LDraw directory.

Note that step 3 will dump the unofficial files right in with the official
files, so programs (like MLCAD) will treat the unofficial files like part of
the parts library.  Unfortunately, about the only way to undo this action is
to reinstall LDraw.  Your other option is to put the unofficial directories
under your C:\\LDraw\\Models directory -- most programs will find the files
here, but they won't be included in the parts lists (for example, you won't
see them in MLCAD's parts tree).

Steve

Steve,

as already underlined here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=4195

also getting your signed permission for the all-in-one is on of the missing
bricks for the next release. Please pick the form:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article484.html

that suits you most, print, sign and return a scanned copy of the permission in
pdf or jpg or png.

w.
LDraw Administration Team