 CAD / 15093
Re: It’s the year 2008, where are my parts updates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:46:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
Are there instructions anywhere on how to download and install or update
unofficial parts?

Is there a repository where all the unofficial parts live?

To answer both of your questions, take a look at LDraw.org's
<http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
Download Unofficial Parts> page.

Although the 'instructions' are kinda brief.  Sorry about that.

Basically, you do this:

+ Download the zip file (the link at the bottom of the unofficial parts page)
+ Unzip the zip to a temporary location.  Notice that the zip has a "parts"
  and a "p" directory.
+ Copy the "parts" and "p" directory into your C:\\LDraw directory.

Note that step 3 will dump the unofficial files right in with the official
files, so programs (like MLCAD) will treat the unofficial files like part of
the parts library.

Bad idea! A much more elegant way to include unofficial parts, without the need
ot mix them with the official library can be found here:

http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/ini-en.html#scan

bye, w.