 CAD / 14877
Re: PreL3P 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:15:37 GMT

With PreL3P 1.1, you can use multiple ldconfigs. So if you save the two lines
above as graymap.ldr, you can override the default 7 and 8 codes but use all the
others normally like this:

prel3p -ldconfig $LDRAWDIR/ldconfig.ldr -ldconfig graymap.ldr

That was exactly my point - perfect!

I agree that a tool to map LDraw color codes to other regular color codes would
be useful, but I haven't decided whether that would be outside the scope of
PreL3P. (Can you do it with LDDP or MLCAD?) It could be controlled with
unofficial ldconfig meta commands and/or command line options:

0 !PREL3P MAP 7 71
-map 7,71

What do you think?

Probably outside prel3p scope indeed. Both LDDP and MLCad can change colors, but
not if they are inside subfiles. To me the modified ldconfig is a good solution.

Philo