 CAD / 14859
Re: PreL3P 1.0 - Ping Onyx!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:35:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:

Fantastic piece of software, just what I've been looking for. Thanks Jim! I just
can't believe your post isn't highlighted, but I guess it has to do with bad
timing; all attention on LDraw.org committee elections...

Thanks! I'm glad you find it useful. Your list of L3-supported colors was
instrumental as a good default behavior.

I've tried the Windows version, and it works to 100% as expected. I would prefer
a "Done." message to indicate that the program has run successfully though. Even
though it read on the window caption bar, I'm used to see it inside the window
on most similar applications.

I am pleased to hear it works well on Windows.

Good suggestion regarding the done message. I'll add one.

I have another wish, too. If just the command line "prel3p infile.ldr" were
allowed, giving infile.org (infile.old or infile.bak; your choise) and an
updated infile.ldr as "outfiles", a drag and drop action in Windows Explorer
would be possible.

Neat. That sounds feasible.

Just so I'm clear: given infile.ldr, move the original infile.ldr to infile.org
(or .old, .bak, etc.) and save the output as infile.ldr. Is there a specific
naming convention the backup must use, or are the org/old/bak extensions just
reasonable examples? Would work to leave the original as-is, and just save the
output as infileOut.ldr or something like that?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim