 CAD / 14889
Re: PreL3P 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:

Anyway, does the new "prel3p model.ldr" syntax work with the drag and drop
mechanism you mentioned?

Yes, it works, but of course only with your hardcoded defult parameters =
replace only color codes unknown to L3.

True. You can still give options with this syntax ("prel3p +codes 4 model.ldr"),
but I suspect there is no way to do so when using it by drag and drop.

No, but I can easily add some PreL3P options, just like I've added L3P options,
in my LDA program. In that case, the command line options are better than the
.ini way.

The only workable way for that would be
a PreL3P.ini file I guess, but that would probably mean quite a lot of work for
you.

If it could use a configuration file, what would be a standard place to look for
it?

Jim

The Windows directory. But if there is one in the same folder as the model file,
it shall take precendence. Maybe most LDraw'ers would suggest a [PreL3P] section
inside the existing %windir%\LDraw.ini file.

Hey! While writing, I had an even better idea, I think! Why not make
META-statements inside the model file!

0 Cadillac '59
0 Author: John Smith
0 Unusual Model
0 PREL3P +codes all
0 PREL3P renum 7 8
0 and so on...

Yes! the more I think of, the more I like the idea. And I think it's the easiest
way, too.

/Tore