 CAD / 14861
Re: PreL3P 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:

I have another wish, too. If just the command line "prel3p infile.ldr" were
allowed, giving infile.org (infile.old or infile.bak; your choise) and an
updated infile.ldr as "outfiles", a drag and drop action in Windows Explorer
would be possible.

Neat. That sounds feasible.

Just so I'm clear: given infile.ldr, move the original infile.ldr to infile.org
(or .old, .bak, etc.) and save the output as infile.ldr. Is there a specific
naming convention the backup must use, or are the org/old/bak extensions just
reasonable examples? Would work to leave the original as-is, and just save the
output as infileOut.ldr or something like that?

Well yes, it would, and it would surely have had its advantages to leave the
"source" file completely untouched. But I think it would be even better do like
I suggested, with the implementation towards L3PAO (and my own LDA application)
in mind. I'm aware of the problem with my suggestion is that the original will
be overwritten and lost if not saved elsewhere first the second time a model is
run through PreL3P. And I would cope with infileOut.ldr if you decide to do so,
and will surely find ways to work with that, too.

One second thought: To make it .dat and .mpd compatible without the risk of
confusion, and more future safe, the backup file should maybe be named
infile.ldr.bak (org/old...) to preserve the original extension.

About naming conventions, I leave it open for those with better detail insight.
As for me, I'm happy with any reasonable extension.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim