 CAD / 14891
Re: PreL3P 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:38:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:

Hey! While writing, I had an even better idea, I think! Why not make
META-statements inside the model file!

0 Cadillac '59
0 Author: John Smith
0 Unusual Model
0 PREL3P +codes all
0 PREL3P renum 7 8
0 and so on...

Yes! the more I think of, the more I like the idea. And I think it's the easiest
way, too.

It is a good idea. It would actually take more work, though, because currently
prel3p expects to be fully configured before it starts processing the model. It
might be a little simpler at the ldconfig parsing stage (you could even pass the
model as a second -ldconfig option), but that would probably be less convenient
to use.

I'll add support for a plain configuration file, and make a note of the meta
command idea.

Well, I lied. I've implemented the meta commands instead of an INI file after
all. I've also added a -map option to renumber color codes. This can be done
separately or in conjunction with conversion to the hexadecimal color format.
The !COLOUR, -ldconfig, +codes/-codes, and -map options can be used as meta
commands in the model (up to the point where any type 1-5 lines are encountered)
and in ldconfig files (which are simply "models" that aren't processed). The
neat thing is that you can use "!PREL3P -ldconfig" as an include statement to
bring in a generic config file with your preferred options and/or color
definitions. I might have fixed the shortname issue, too, but I'm not sure.

I'll upload it as version 1.2 sometime tomorrow once I've organized and tested
it a little more.

Jim