 CAD / 14764
Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 00:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
Good point.  You are correct that -y is "up".  I don't see that anywhere in the
spec, and it's quite important.

Also important is the fact that LDraw's model world is in a right-handed
coordinate system.  The current draft doesn't mention this.

Yes.  That will go into the new "-y is up" section.  I'm open to suggestions on
the exact wording on this section, but I suspect that we can copy from the
authors' guide document, which I believe already describes this.

--Travis

I wanted to thank the LSC for their hard work on this topic.  Good job bringing
it to fruition.

Kevin (Charter Member of the LSC)