 CAD / 12757
Re: Questions about LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 17:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
   I’m not so sure about that quantizing bit. It may not be the best way, but I think the current beta version of ldglite could be controlled by lpub inserting a block of 0 COLOR macros at the beginning of each temp DAT file to dim the colors, and another block of 0 COLOR macros to restore normal brightness before the last step to be rendered.

LDView supports 24-bit extended colors (color numbers 0x02000000-0x03FFFFFF, see here). Does LDGLite? If so, just specify the RGB color, instead of the LDraw color. If not, you could still do this for LDView, and use the 12-bit dither LDLite colors for LDGLite (also documented in the page above).

   Of course this sort of thing might be a lot simpler if there were some sort of 0 LPUB DIMMER % macro to dim ALL the colors, including any custom ones. Or maybe a new command line switch to dim previous steps.

I might consider supporting a 0 LPUB DIMMER % macro (where everything after it is dimmed by the specified percentage, and setting it back to 0% restores fully vibrant colors). But LDView doesn’t support steps, and I’m not sure when it will get step support. So a command line switch to dim previous steps is unlikely for LDView in the near future. (Do the DAT files LPub feeds to the LDView and LDGLite even contain steps?)

--Travis