 CAD / 12737
Re: Questions about LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 20:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
I am heavily testing and playing with LPub.
This is sooo coool. I render using ldglite = FAST!

Thanks!

I (still :-) have some questions though...

A. Callouts
See:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/Truck/vrachtauto_1_02_ci.png
1. How to get the second set of lights (front light) into the picture?
2. How to get an arrow from the callout to the place the submodel has to go?

LPUB CALLOUT PLACEMENT LEFT CENTER ASSEM

LPUB CALLOUT POINTER <SIDE> <OFFSET> <X> <Y>

<SIDE> is which side of the callout the pointer should start (TOP, RIGHT,
BOTTOM, LEFT)

<OFFSET>  For TOP and BOTTOM, this is how far from left (0) to right (1).  For
LEFT and RIGHT, this is how far from top (0) to bottom (1)

<X> and <Y> are values from 0 to 1.  0,0 puts the tip of the pointer at the
upper left corner of the assembly image.  1,1 puts the tip at the bottom right
of the assembly image

B. Layout
See:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/Truck/vrachtauto_1_12_ci.png
1. The camera angle for the PLI is somewhat strange (black part for the
hinge)

You need to use MLCAD to edit LPub/Extras/Orientation.ldr

Add the part into Orientation.ldr, and orient it any way you'd like.

2. The PLI or BOM is over the model: how to prevent this?

A.  You can csontrain the PLI:

    LPUB PLI CONSTRAIN WIDTH <pixels>
    the default is SQUARE

B.  You can try this:
    LPUB ASSEM PLACEMENT_OFFSET <X> <Y>

Where <X> and <Y> are 0 to 1.  An <X>, <Y> of 0,0 is no offset.  An <X>, <Y> of
0.1, 0.1 is 1/10th of the PAGE width and 1/10th of the PAGE height.

C.  You could also change the PLI PLACEMENT or PLI PLACEMENT OFFSET if you'd
like.

C. Font size
See above image.
1. No matter what I try, the font size for the stepnumber (13) does not
increase. Where to set this up?

Good question.  This is not currently under meta-command control.

Right now it uses Building Instructions -> Submodels -> Callout Font.

I hope someone can answer these.

Now, I am off back to the "drawingboard" :-)

Jaco

Kevin