 Announcements / 2946 (-100)
  EVIL ENGINES at BrickFest 2005

Warlords of the Realm, hail! (squeaky trumpet sound) I hereby do announce that BrickFest 2005 Castle Room will be hosting the EVIL ENGINES catapult competition! All elligible catapults will of course work (they will launch a lego projectile of your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic) !!

  BrickFest DC 2005 Technic/Mindstorms events

BrickFest is coming and the robots are getting restless! Competition robots that is. Yes, BrickFest is just two months away and its time to start tuning up your competition robots. There are four competitions this year, look at (URL) for more info. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !!

  A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005

A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005 (URL) One of the key parts of activities at BrickFest™ is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences, and learn from each other. So, once again we would like to offer an invitation to all individuals, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  Re: Announcing : The Second Annual Tim and Kevin's Bot Contest!

(...) WHAT?????!! The self-publicizing Kevoh forgot to x-post to other NGs??? SHOCKING! Anyways, I made my entry today, I'll post soon. Legoswami (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Summer LEGO Building Camp Help

Every summer I hold a week-long one hour per day LEGO Building camp through my local Parks and Rec program. This year, I have 28 participants signed up. I divide up the participants into groups of 9 (For those who need math help, that is 3 groups of (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug, lugnet.announce)

  NOS train show pictures are up!

Hi! The first round of pictures from our train show at the National Orange Show are now up. Expect to see more in the next few days. (URL) John Gramley SPLTC (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.spltc, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest The BrickFest Team is proud to announce its participation in celebrating the LEGO Group’s 50th anniversary of its System of Play by hosting a competition for the adult LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.town) !!

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 6/12 - Sumo Contest!

Folks, Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting Sunday, June 12. We'll be holding our Lego Mindstorms Robotic Sumo Contest, so bring your 'bot(s) and we'll see whose machine reigns supreme! Or come by to cheer on the competitors and catch some ABS (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  BrickFest NEWS!

Think this year is going to be the same ol' (URL) Think that you can put off coming a year? Well, we have some news that might make you reconsider! The BrickFest organizers have invited a number of representatives from the LEGO Group to attend, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  ILTCO at the National NMRA convention in Cincinnati, July 2005

ILTCO would like to invite everyone to come see the largest LEGO train layout ever (~50 x 70 feet, or well over 15 x 20 meters) at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) National Train Show, July 7-9, 2005 in Cincinnati!!!! The show is open (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town) !!

  Call for MOCs at Bricks for Brains' First Annual Brick Bash

This is a bit of a repost, because the date changed. For those of you who don't already know, I present educational hands-on LEGO® building exhibits at museums, schools, etc. The Web site for this work is at (URL). I'm holding my first annual Brick (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.edu, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol, FTX)

  Space! at BrickFest 2005

Space! at BrickFest 2005 Dan Rubin and Lenny Hoffman are the Space theme coordinators. Jon Palmer is helping with planning for the Moonbase, and Jeff Stembel is handling all things Mecha. First off, we have the 3rd floor lobby for the (URL), as well (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Michiana-LUG Announces Michiana-LUG Logo Contest!

To All, Since we organized back in June of 2003, we have had no logo to call our own. As our past attempts had failed, we decided it was time to follow the other clubs and have a contest on LUGNET, the place that started it all for me. We are (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.events) !

  Botanical Garden of "Steinford"

Hi Friends, here are the recent additions to my little town called "Steinford". First of the two is an victorian glasshouse/palmhouse: (8 URLs) Second MOC is a rose-garden: (4 URLs) Though these are typical european themes I hope you like these (...) (19 years ago, 30-May-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Updated and Re-Designed 007 Lego Page Finally Online!

I finally finished my re-design of my James Bond 007 Lego Page! www.blockaholic.com/...ndpage.htm The page now includes: - Ldraw 007 Creations (including pics, instructions and .ldr files) - my original Bond creation instructions and now original (...) (19 years ago, 28-May-05, to lugnet.announce)

  The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

As previously announced (URL), we will be assembling a Great Ball Contraption (URL) at this year's BrickFest. At the same time, we will be attempting to set a new world record for the Largest Rube Goldberg machine (URL) with our Great Ball (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce) !

  A teaser

Some of you may have seen this: (URL) tuned, more info is coming. (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Announcing... The First Joe Vig Contest !!!

(URL) Announcing... the First Joe Vig Contest!!! ======== You will find all the contest information on (URL) The First Joe Vig Contest> page. This contest does not begin until June 1st, 2005, so please don't post your entries before then. (The (...) (19 years ago, 26-May-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Team is calling upon clubs with members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events)

  100,000 Views!!! I'm Throwing a Party on LUGNET

(URL) I'm having a party. When my (URL) Brickshelf Gallery> hits Views: 100,000+ , I am going to celebrate. So I would like to have a party here on LUGNET to communicate my thanks to each of you and many more who have visited my gallery. Thank You! (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.party, FTX) !!

  The SPLTC Displays at the National Orange Show

The Southern Pacific LEGO® Train Club (SPLTC) is pleased to announce our upcoming appearance at the 90th National Orange Show Festival “A Slice of California” at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. This will be the fourth (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.spltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  BrickNebula Episode 4 Podcast: Interview With A Space Paparazzi!

I am pleased to announce the (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 4: Inteview with a Space Paparazzi!> In our latest podcast, we interview Joe Meno (Mr. Space Paparazzi! himself) about his newest projects, his MOCs, & his exciting LEGO life. (...) (19 years ago, 20-May-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  The BrickFest Team

Many of the Display Coordinators and other members of the BrickFest team have already started posting here and in various groups and other websites about this years event. I’m pleased to formally announce these great volunteers and contributors. (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.vignette)

  Nouveau groupe et première rencontre!

Salut à tous! C'est avec plaisir que j'annonce la création de QUELUG, un nouveau groupe visant à rassembler les adultes amateurs de LEGO® de partout au Québec. Notre première rencontre officielle aura lieu ce vendredi 20 mai, à partir de 18h, à (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Mecha at Brickfest 2005!

Fellow mecha pilots, I am pleased to announce that we will have a room of our own at Brickfest 2005! At this time, I'd like to open up the floor to ideas and proposals for programming, events, and contests. I'm hoping we can get some discussions or (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Joe Vig a (Brick)Movie Star ?

Hi, After his successfull appearances in amazing vignettes, Joe Vig is starting a new carreer in this short humourous brickfilm (also starring BrickDarthVader) as a movie star. (URL) Of course Joe Vig will also continue vignette appearances ! PS : (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation) !!

  M>ltc displays at Pakenham Model show

(URL) This past weekend, the Melbourne LEGO Train Club displayed a layout at the Pakenham Model Show. Our largest display to date, it was 24x9 baseplates, had 2 loops, mountain, tunnels, skyscraper, large station, town hall, church, and even a strip (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, FTX)

  The all-new LUGNET .Underground

Announcing the all new LUGNET .Underground page: ===...=== (2 URLs) The LEGO “Underground” theme seemed to have never quite reached it’s full potential... kind of like a ‘diamond in the rough’. I felt that the one official subtheme (Rock Raiders) (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.announce, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !!

  SCLTC to exhibit its largest layout ever at 2005 Orange County Fair

SCLTC will be the featured LEGO and model railroading attraction at the 2005 Orange County Fair where the theme for 2005 is It's Calling You Out to Play. SCLTC will display its largest layout ever. Highlights will include: All DCC operation 6 (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Dat file for x1201 1x1 plate with tooth

Hello all! Has anyone a self-made dat file for the 1x1 tooth plate or any good substitute for that part? This is the part: (URL) I would be glad for any help. Best greetings, Chris (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  A Heartfelt Thank You

Last week, we (the LEGO Fan Organization Committee) announced a new version of our web site. A lot of people have come there and started using it. The response has been wonderful. Yesterday afternoon, I sent a post about a survey we are running (...) (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Your chance to win a Death Star

BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GET THE DEATH STAR (#10143) AND THE NEW TECHNIC PNEUMATIC CRANE XXL (#8421) In 2004, as you may remember, LEGO and a PhD student working on community research (Yun Mi for those of you who have met her at one of the AFOL (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Exhibit at the National Trust for Historic Preservation Conference

Hey gang, On May 9th, LEGO had an exhibit at the National Trust for Historic Preservation Conference. Jeff Stabile and I had the honor of being asked to help out with this exhibit. LEGO was receiving an award celebrating the 50th year of the system (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general) !!

  LEGOFan.org 2.0 Now Has a "Job Board"!

LEGOfan.org has launched a "Job Board" in the LF forums. This board will allow project leaders, event coordinators, and Webmasters to post "volunteer job openings" in order to find AFOLs willing to pitch in and help out. Additionally, the Job Board (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  Introducing the LEGO Affiliate Program

What is the LEGO Affiliate Program? Glad you asked! LEGO(R) Affiliates are artists and entrepreneurs working with the LEGO medium at a professional level, maintaining a high level of professionalism and quality with respect to their work. Members of (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  WAMALUG meeting Saturday, May 14

Saturday, May 14, 10:00am If you're in the area and you have a chance just stop in, join us! What to expect; Planning and building for the June event and BrickFest Show and tell of MOCs and all things LEGO Welcome new guests News from the LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

Thomas has posted the first 127 photos of the May 7-8 SCLTC show at Fullerton Railroad Days at (URL). Here's some samples. (4 URLs) If you missed the chance to see the show in person, good news! The entire show, plus more, will also be at the 2005 (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  House of Bricks Report

(URL) Chicago House of Bricks was a blast! Thank you to everyone who participated. In particular I want to thank (URL) Jason Spears> for acting as co-coordinator and going out of his way to make sure the display was mind-blowing. Also, a big thanks (...) (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.houseofbricks, FTX) !!

  LUGNET Site Administration

All, Last week I flew to Boston to talk with Todd Lehman about LUGNET's status and events leading to it. I was brought up to speed by both Todd and Matthew Miller. Briefly, I'll relate some history. The Transition Team's work toward a community-run (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005

Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™ 2005. For those of (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickNebula Episode 3 Podcast: BSG and video games

I am pleased to announce the (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) 3: BSG and Star Wars videogame> In our latest podcast, Mike C. & I talk about the new Battle Star Galactica... and LEGO. We talk a little bit about Sci-Fi that has shaped our views and (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  BrickFest 2005 - Micro and Vig Contests

Hello all... Last year I had the pleasure of being the Micro Display Coordinator for BrickFest and this year I will be continuing that role. We have BIG plans for Micro this year! From a few sneak preview pics I have had the pleasure of viewing, I (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX) !!

  LEGOfan 2.0 - Google - and forums

Hello fellow LUGNETers. As a lot of you have seen, the LEGO Fan Organizing Team launched the new LEGOfan.org site on Monday morning. We've seen a boost in the traffic, and are already coming up first in a Google search for "LEGO community". (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  SCLTC at Fullerton this weekend

Hello- The Southern California LEGO Train Club (<www.scltc.org>) returns to Fullerton Railroad Days ((URL)) this weekend for the fourth consecutive year. You and your friends and family are invited. Price - Free! Date - Saturday May 7, 2005 and (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Bricks for Brains at House of Bricks

Greetings, all. As "Bricks for Brains" I present educational, hands-on LEGO(r) building exhibits at schools, museums, and special events. I will be attending Chicago House of Bricks this weekend, where I will display my two scale models (a bridge (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.edu, lugnet.announce)

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 5/8

Folks, Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting this coming Sunday. (And yes, it *is* on Mother's Day. Show your Mom you love her by getting out of the house for a couple hours!) Particulars are below. If you have a creation to show, bring it. We (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration is now available via the website. BrickFest 2005 August 12-14th Washington, DC (URL) first step is to set up your Account. Or you may have one already from last year. The account allows access to resources as well as your (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  LEGOFan.org 2.0 is now online!

As you've likely read by now, the LEGO Group has announced a new set - the TTX intermodal car. Head over to (URL) LEGO Fan> to see some exclusive pictures of the new set. When you arrive at the new LEGO Fan site, you'll notice something different. (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.publish.html, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

Hi all, The BrickFest Team, would like to invite all members of the AFOL community to submit model designs for consideration to be produced as the BrickFest 2005 event Kit! The BrickFest Event Kit is a small LEGO kit to commemorate BrickFest 2005. (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Peeron A9 Plugin

I'm pleased to announce that we've integrated Peeron's search with A9's search engine. You can now add a Peeron "column" to results from A9, showing you set, part and theme results. Try it out: (URL) always, suggestions and bug reports are welcome! (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce)

  Carlsbad Street Faire and new website

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been so quiet lately, but I have been pretty busy with the Lego thing! The business is really booming and getting a little crazy! I thought I would let everybody know that I will be appearing at the Carlsbad Village (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

Hello all, in support of a new display we're going to try and get going at Brickfest this year, I am announcing a contest. The object? To build asteroid based MOCs! There will be two categories in this contest, small asteroid and large asteroid. The (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickNebula PodCast, Episode 2: British Invasion

Announcing (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 2: British Invasion> In our 2nd podcast, Dave & I talk about British Sci-Fi... and LEGO. We felt before the wave of Star Wars media hype, we'd do a podcast dedicated to release of the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  Indy AFOL Knights win ISD building tournament @ Celebration III

LEGO had a booth at Star Wars Celebration III this past weekend in Indianapolis. One of the activities that they had there was an Imperial Star Destroyer speed build tournament. Eight teams (4 Jedi, 4 Sith) of ten people each competed in a (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, FTX) !

  The Shipyard is Back

I've added (URL) The Shipyard> to Zemi.net. The gallery submission process is now automated with many thanks to Bram Lambrecht. If you're new on the scene (since 2003 or so) the Shipyard is a website that lists all the largest LEGO minifig scale (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Coming in October: NWBrickCon 2005

NWBrickCon 2005, a convention in the Pacific Northwest for Adult Fans of Lego, will take place October 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2005, in Seattle. All AFOLs are invited. This will be the fourth annual NWBrickCon. Planned highlights include: * MOCs * public (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug) !!

  BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Team invites the designers and artists of the AFOL community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2005 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 6th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The graphic will be (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general) !!

  Bricksaic 0.1.5 released

Just a quick note to let you know that a Bricksaic 0.1.5 has just been released. some of the most notable new features include: - contrast and brightness controls - part total on the map - map can now be printed or saved you can grab it here: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Harbor crane / horse and cart

Hi friends, here are two new mocs for my little town. The first one is an old harbour crane. The real crane is located in Würzburg, Germany. (6 URLs) And here is a historic picture of the original: (URL) The second one ist an horse and cart for (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  First LEGO League Championships and FLL World Festival in Atlanta, GA April 21-23, 2005

The FIRST LEGO League Championships will be from April 21-23, 2005, at the Georgia World Congress Center, located in Atlanta, GA. FIRST is thrilled to announce that it will host the FIRST LEGO League NO LIMITS World Festival in conjunction with the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce)

  DixieLUG and NGLTC at FFL on Saturday April 23, 2005

(URL) DixieLUG>, (URL) NGLTC>, and others will be displaying at the (URL) FIRST LEGO League> National Championship Event this Saturday at the (URL) Georgia World Congress Center> in (URL) Atlanta, GA>. We will be set up in the lobby/foyer area of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, FTX)

  Exploring the Universe Display at the National Air and Space Museum, April 16th

Hi all, WAMALUG and NCLUG were asked to display at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC for Universe Day, which fell on Saturday April 16th. Members from both WAMALUG and NCLUG brought in Moonbase modules, (URL) spacecraft (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !

  NELUG Announcement

F O R E W O R D This is a lengthy email, but please take the time to read it as it covers a number of changes that will be occurring within NELUG in the immediate future. I N T R O D U C T I O N NELUG has certainly grown since it started in 1999. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug) !!

  Announcing BrickFest 2005

Hi All, There has been much anticipation about this summer's BrickFest and we are now happy to officially announce that BrickFest '05 is happening! It will be held at GMU (George Mason University) in Arlington, VA (just outside of Washington, DC) on (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  New Poll: Did you complete the TLC questionaire?

The suspense was killing me, so I thought I'd provide a way for us all to see if enough people had responded for Brickfest™ to collect the $2,000 promised by TLC. (URL) VOTE HERE> JOHN (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  2005 Mecha Pose Contest

We the curators of .mecha are hosting a mecha pose contest. Wassat? See it here: (URL) long and short of it is this: Take a mecha creation, new or old, and take a new pic of it. Most striking imaginative poses count. Categories are Large, Medium, (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !!

  Lego company survey now on LegoFan.org

The LEGO company would like to understand their consumers better and they need YOUR help! LEGOFan has been working very closely with the LEGO company recently to help develop and promote an online survey that helps them better understand their (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickNebula PodCast

Announcing (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 1: Star Wars & LEGO>. David Lukens & myself have been tossing around the idea of starting a space/LEGO podcast to help us launch the BrickNebula web-site. With the new Star Wars LEGO sets being (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  Two weeks remaining - JLUG Contest

Hello Everyone, Just a reminder...... ONLY TWO WEEKS ...... left to enter the JLUG moc building Contest. The contest ends the end of this month. So far we have 33 entries, with some very outstanding MOCs making a showing. We are looking forward to a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Best Plastic Product ever...

The marketing people for the Plastics Design and Moulding '05 Conference in Telford, UK have come up with a great way of getting some publicity. They have carried out some market research to find the best plastic product of all time. No prizes for (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  B.I. Joe: Cobra Stinger and A.S.P.

Hey...does my ASP look fat in these evil fatigues? (2 URLs) Suggestions welcome, as always, Cheers, -Gil (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Train Show April 24th, 2005

Hi folks, Come visit rtlToronto at this upcoming spring train show: Toronto Toy, Train and Doll Collector Show International Center, Mississauga April 24th, 2005 10:00AM-4:00PM On display will be a new expanded layout featuring the likes of Derek (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  New guy in town!

Hi All, With James' permission (he's away form a PC for the next few days)... James and Amy Mathis is pround to announce the healthy birth of their son Liam James Mathis! He was born yesterday (Thrusday April 7th), 5lbs-13oz (~2.6kg), 19.25" (~49cm) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  micro Fire pumper

made from designer set 4100: (URL) enjoy! Jeff (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Database integration with LEGO

For the past few months, we've been working with LEGO on a very special project. I'm happy to announce today, that it's ready to go live. Very soon, the Peeron database will be linked directly to LEGO's internal inventory database. This means that (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.inv) !!

  GBC 6 - the obsession continues...

Well, a week ago I finally made it down to a GBC assembly in central Indiana. For those who think the GBC videos are wonderful, I can now state from experience they are nothing compared to actually being there! Steve has already posted some (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Bricks for Brains takes "The Science of Bridges" to COSI Toledo

March 1, 2005. Toledo, Ohio, USA. Duane Collicott of Bricks for Brains presented his "The Science of Bridges" exhibit at COSI Toledo, a children's science museum in Toledo, Ohio, during the weekend of February 25-27 as part of the museum's "Zoom (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX)

  Good bye for now and special thanks

Hi, This will probably be my last post for a while, because in a week I'll be moving to LEGO Denmark to help developing things for next year. I hope to design a great model in return for all your supporting and helping comments for the past few (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Announcing MINDSTORMS Robotic Sumo contest hosted by Competitive MINDSTORMS and TexLUG!

Hello to all Lego fans! Get your Lego bricks ready for some serious Lego action — the TexLUG Lego Users Group is hosting a Lego MindStorms robotic sumo event in conjunction with David J. Perdue (that’s me!), author of “Competitive MINDSTORMS: A (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics) !

  Chicago House of Bricks Online Registration

I'm very happy to announce that registration for (URL) House of Bricks> at (URL) To Be CONtinued 4: The Musical> is now online. Prices and information for registration can be accessed via the (URL) Box Office link> on the side bar for the event. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Michiana-LTC to Display at ST. Joseph Valley Railroad Club Swap Meet - Sunday, March 20th, 2005

To All, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display a 10'x15' display at the upcoming St. Joseph Valley Railroad Club Swap Meet on Sunday, March 20th, 2005. Event Details: Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST Address: South Bend Elks (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd) !!

  18 March 05 - International Day for LEGO Enthusiasts

Greetings, Earth-Mortals! Once again this year, I've declared 18th March to be the International Day for LEGO Enthusiasts - IDLE time! Please build responsibly, and call for a ride to a friend's toybox if needed. Thanks! Peace and Long Life, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Introducing.... Joe Vig !!!

Meet Joe Vig... (URL) Who is Joe Vig? He is the unluckiest and most oblivious minifig ever created. Joe has no clue of what’s going on in the area just around him! He is also electro-magnet for bad luck, and never quite seems to know what’s about to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Star Wars Celberation III ISP build

OK, It's official. I am organinzing a team for the Star Wars Celebration III April 21-24th in Indianapolis, IN. I have confirmed with the coordinator they still need teams! Contact me white_volg@yahoo.com to join! Let's Rock it! (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind)

  2005 LDraw.org Steering Committee Election Results

The winners of the 2005 LDraw Steering Committee Election are (in alphabetical order by last name): Steve Bliss Kevin L. Clague Tim Courtney Chris Dee Orion Pobursky Congratulations to the new LDraw Steering Committee members! -The 2004 LDraw.org (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Central Florida Brick Day...

Florida LEGO Fans, I declare Saturday, March 19th, Central Florida Brick Day! The day starts at the Plant City Train Show in Plant City, Florida with a display by the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club and then the fun moves to the newly remodeled LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam)

  New FAQ Curator: I need your help

Hello All, Cary Clark has stepped down as curator of .faq, and I've stepped up to take his place. I'd like to really try to re-vamp the .faq sidebar, especially because I know some new information, guides, FAQs, etc have been introduced. So, I'd ask (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce)

  New .vignette sidebar!

We are pleased to announce an all new sidebar for (URL) lugnet.build.vignette>. Think big, build small, play well! Nelson (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 24rd Annual Model Railroad Show. Thrill to the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout (a 30'x19' "L" at last (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  SCLTC's latest additions (More pictures)!

(URL) There are two new galleries of SCLTC's last show available on our website! These galleries feature a causeway with a ramped road bridge and a new round highrise near the waterfront. (URL) 26, 2004> (URL) 9, 2005> Back when I posted the first (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's January Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the January Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Martian Surface Rover, Tom Beattie> (URL) SOTM, Showroom, Allister McLaren> The voting for the March Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  IDLE time approacheth...

'Twas IDOL time these yesteryears Which brought my face alight, In playing with sweet plastic bricks Not working day, nor night. Here rings anew the gath'ring bell - pick up your ABS, to celebrate with IDLE thoughts whilst making brickly mess. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  the top 15 colors

Hey all, Well I got board today so rather than doing laundry or something else productive I decided to answer a question I have been asking myself for months. Actually I think it was John Barns that put the idea back into my head recently. Anyway (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  New blog: VignetteBricks

Hi all, Well, I timed this just about right. I've actually been working on the idea for a bit, but with the new .build.vignette newsgroup, the recent great success of the vignette category in the classic-castle contest, and the spate of great (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Philippe's Forklift Building Instructions

A few months ago I made Alban's Forklift truck BI : (URL) It has inspired a MOC by Philippe, another three wheels forklift truck : (2 URLs) I thought it would be cool to have a BI for this one : you have recently seen it appears on BS (URL) About (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Galidor your models and my sis creation

Ok of what I've heard Galidor wasn't a big success, but exchanging parts could be fun... What can I say? (URL) A combination of 4506 and 4507 MOCs: (URL) 4506MOC> (URL) 4507MOC> Even my sister likes to build with LEGO sometimes. She made this scene (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.galidor, FTX)

  Winners of the X-Pod World competition announced

After 10 weeks and about 200 entries, the winners of the competition were decided this week, by myself, the Make and Create team at Billund and Jake: Best holiday picture: Cyberboard by Languages: (URL) famous/strange location: Walking the dog by (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce)

  French BB63000 series diesel locomotives

Hi, The BB 63000 series diesel locomotives are famous in France. They have existed since 1953 and more than 800 have been constructed. More than 600 are still in use. These locomotives have four liveries : the older one is called "green livery" (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.inst, lugnet.trains)

  (murfl)

(murfl) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.general) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact